Notices

Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Arabic fonts

hello,

any chance i can add Arabic fonts to my Sony PRS-T2? I can't seem to find anything on the subject. I wouldn't want to root the Reader, though...

i've come across http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...t1-no-rooting/
would it work on the T2? if it would, where could i get suitable Arabic fonts from? I wouldn't want to get into something i can't manage/follow up - it does look a bit complicated (to me!).

many thanks in advance
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
You might come to a solution regarding the fonts - embedding them in the epub to start with.
Where to find them, I can not help (try goolge free otf/ttf -fonts)

But the real problem would be, that Arabic is a RTL script, if I'm not mistaken, and IIRC the Sony-Reading-App, based on Adobe rmsdk doesn't support RTL
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2015, 04:43 AM   #3
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
But the real problem would be, that Arabic is a RTL script, if I'm not mistaken, and IIRC the Sony-Reading-App, based on Adobe rmsdk doesn't support RTL
I remember reading somewhere that there is a solution for Sony T1 to read RTL, as it was used in synagogues and Hebrew is also an RTL script. It may even be possible to read TTB (Korean) but this I don't know for sure.

Embedding fonts seem to be the only solution, if the Unicode Test failed (find yourself this epub and test it on your Sony).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote