Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #34966
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Woke up to discover I am out of leaded coffee! So decaf for me.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #34967
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Faux San Pellegrino as I face 10 days without decent coffee. (Trip to my aunt's, where there is no viable coffee maker, or grinder.) So taking tea with me.
Charlie, Starbucks Via. The dark roasts are surprisingly OK in a pinch, which is what I'd call this, and there has to be a Starbucks somewhere. Surely you can boil water at your aunt's?

During a recent power outage I made some Via with room temperature bottled water and not only was it far better than nothing, it was better than the cup I got at Dunkin' Donuts later that morning. Faugh! I don't get Dunkin' Donuts, the home of truly terrible coffee.

Back on topic, it was typically for me Starbucks French Roast, black, no sugar, this AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:58 AM   #34968
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HD 8.9, Fire HD8
Good reminder. I'd forgotten about Via.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #34969
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Not understanding 2 posts.
Charlie can you not take a small coffee maker? Or would your aunt find that strange?

To astrangerhere how does one run out of coffee?

Coffee for me this morning.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #34970
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Not understanding 2 posts.
To astrangerhere how does one run out of coffee?
My wife texted me the EXACT same thing when I realized. It has never happened to me in my memory.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #34971
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
A serious situation indeed for you both. I have no solution for a stranger here, except maybe a bigger pantry! I tend to have a couple of spare bags of beans stored as they have quite a good shelf life.

Charlie, we drink plunger coffee, and many years ago we bought in England two mugs with their own plungers. So as long as you have ground coffee with you, it’s as easy as making instant coffee and much nicer, IMO.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #34972
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Pure Leaf Iced Classic Black Tea (I'm drinking it hot, though)
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #34973
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
many years ago we bought in England two mugs with their own plungers.
I have one of those, too. I used to take it to work, but the whole business was time consuming and messy. Work coffee is vile and not to be considered, but I found that keeping some Via packets in my bag made all the difference.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #34974
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
A serious situation indeed for you both. I have no solution for a stranger here, except maybe a bigger pantry! I tend to have a couple of spare bags of beans stored as they have quite a good shelf life.

Charlie, we drink plunger coffee, and many years ago we bought in England two mugs with their own plungers. So as long as you have ground coffee with you, it’s as easy as making instant coffee and much nicer, IMO.
On this: I was at a thrift store today. They had a Bodum French Press. Nothing unusual there except for the fact the glass was missing. I mean all the glass. No way to hold water.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 PM   #34975
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
On this: I was at a thrift store today. They had a Bodum French Press. Nothing unusual there except for the fact the glass was missing. I mean all the glass. No way to hold water.
Very useful for those who have the glass container and nothing to hold it!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #34976
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have one of those, too. I used to take it to work, but the whole business was time consuming and messy. Work coffee is vile and not to be considered, but I found that keeping some Via packets in my bag made all the difference.
We don't have Via here - I'm guessing they are coffee bags? We had expected to be able to buy coffee bags in England and were nonplussed to find they weren't there (this was some years ago, so they may well have them now). Quick thinking by the lady in the coffee shop resulted in a sale of two mugs plus a bag of ground coffee. We still use the mugs if we go away somewhere for a few days with our Field Naturalists group and are staying where there isn't likely to be a coffee making facility.

I only spilt the very first mug of coffee, when I pushed down the plunger without also hanging on to the mug. Oops!

Meantime, a cup of black coffee has just been demolished after lunch.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #34977
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Coors
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 PM   #34978
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Coors
You can get that up there lol? I would have pegged you as a Michelob drinker.

Tea here.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:31 AM   #34979
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Just a Diet Coke. We don't have any Coke Zero and I gave my Diet Root Beer to my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Woke up to discover I am out of leaded coffee! ...
Seriously, if something like that happens the only reasonable response is to turn around and go back to bed!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 AM   #34980
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Twinings Prince of Wales
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?