Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-30-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
"and" in the Author field

I am currently trying to import some of my PDF & CBR/CBZ magazines and comics into Calibre, and have run into a problem.
The standard I have been working to is that the Title of the magazine and month/year of issue are in the Title field, the Author field is the name of the magazine with the word "Magazine" added, and then the Volume and number of the issue go in the Series field. I am not really interested in changing this, as I have many hundreds of Magazines and comics entered in this format.
The problem is with the magazine "Book and Magazine Collector." Under my naming scheme, it would be "Book and Magazine Collector Magazine" in the Author field. The issue is that Calibre keeps breaking the Author into two entries on the word 'and' (I first tried using the ampersand (&) but that did not work for obvious reasons.)
All of this rather long-winded explanation comes down to wondering if it is possible to force Calibre to not break on the word 'and' in the author field?

thanks

rlh3
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Tweaks->Splitting multiple author names
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2018, 12:17 AM   #3
rlh3
Connoisseur
rlh3 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thank you. That worked perfectly.

rlh3
rlh3 is offline   Reply With Quote