Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #211
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Import Kindle Collections into Calibre and .kfx files

Hallo, I have a Kindle PW2 (FW 5.8.2) jailbreaked with Librarian Sync (LS) v1.10 installed. I installed the version with .kfx files support.

On PW2 device there are many ebooks in .kfx format that I imported in Calibre in azw3 format (downloaded from Amazon cloud). After this I used the Calibre "Match to book library" function to link together the .kfx version with the azw3 version.

I noted that all collections with ebooks in .kfx format are correctly exported by LS but when I try to import them into Calibre (using Kindle Collections plugin) every ebooks in .kfx format remains without collection!

Does Kindle Collections plugin support collections with .kfx ebooks?

I tried to run Calibre in debug mode and I noted that the .kfx is considered an "invalid extensions"...

Thanks in advance

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #212
tekwrite
Enthusiast
tekwrite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HDX
Does this plugin work on the Kindle Fire HD? If not does manual collections menu option work? I tried autodetect but it jumps to unknown.
tekwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2016, 07:27 PM   #213
Mishca
Mishca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekwrite View Post
Does this plugin work on the Kindle Fire HD? If not does manual collections menu option work? I tried autodetect but it jumps to unknown.
No it doesn't work with the fire. Its an old app and apparently the designer never decided to update it for the newer versions. I was disappointed too because I thought I had finally stumbled across a way to get my kindle sorted easy especially since my tags are all sorted how I want them in Calibre. Hopefully someone will pick this idea up and get it working for newer versions.
Mishca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #214
JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishca View Post
No it doesn't work with the fire. Its an old app and apparently the designer never decided to update it for the newer versions. I was disappointed too because I thought I had finally stumbled across a way to get my kindle sorted easy especially since my tags are all sorted how I want them in Calibre. Hopefully someone will pick this idea up and get it working for newer versions.
It's kind of ironic really. I've been waiting on a collection organizer for the Kindle since I owned a Kindle Keyboard way back in 2011. I used an Ipad mini for a while with Marvin + Calibre until Apple broke that functionality. Now, I have the Kindle Voyage and have spent the past two days in these forums trying to figure out how I'm going to organize my library.

In the end, I did get this Collection Manager to work, but it was glitchy. Between the Collection Manager and Librarian Sync, my library is finally organized. I'm not sure if I'll get another Kindle after the Voyage. Apparently, easy to use, innate collection organization is not a priority for Amazon.

There are some days, I miss my old Sony reader.
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #215
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Change of behaviour

Up to recent time, my Kindle when I selected sorting By Collections had a very useful (to me) behaviour: the most recently read books would appear in first places on the Home page book list, just below the list of Collections.

I dont know what I may have done wrong, or even whether this is really a matter for the Collections GUI plugin, but this no longer happens.

Is there a way to make it return ?

Kindle 3kb jailbroken, with the Custom Screens Savers addon, Calibre 2.72.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #216
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Nothing to do with the plugin, and on the pre-PW devices the only thing I can think of is that there are no books which aren't in a collection...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #217
rolgiati
Groupie
rolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the endrolgiati knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Several Kindle 3 KB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
the only thing I can think of is that there are no books which aren't in a collection...
Sorry for the imprecision, should have mentioned this affects books which are not in a collection.
rolgiati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #218
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
So I'm now getting a plugin update notification when I open Calibre. It tells me that the Create Kindle Collections plugin has depreciated. I can install the new Kindle Collections plugin but still have the plugin notice for the original. I can't uninstall the old plugin without removing the new one. Is there a way to remove it from my plugin list?
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #219
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by riothamus View Post
So I'm now getting a plugin update notification when I open Calibre. It tells me that the Create Kindle Collections plugin has depreciated. I can install the new Kindle Collections plugin but still have the plugin notice for the original. I can't uninstall the old plugin without removing the new one. Is there a way to remove it from my plugin list?
Ignore the notice (for now), the next version of Calibre is supposedly fixing this false positive
Affects more than 1 PI
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #220
lorelaisquared
lorelaisquared began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Using Kindle Collections Manager with JB Kindle Touch

Hi there,

I recently got Collections Manager loaded onto my Kindle Touch and I'm loving it so far. I used Calibre to do the big sorting and started to organise further on my kindle, but I've run into a snag. I had calibre sort my books by series, author and genre (using tags) but the books from the series and author sorts were also sorted by genre so now some books are in 2 or more collections when I only want them in one. I've been trying to figure out how to get calibre to exclude them but everything I've tried so far has failed. Short of deleting my tags for everything with a series (which doesn't work for Author), does anyone know of a solution? I have over 2000 books so doing it manually on the kindle isn't really a viable option, Plus I have a few authors with over 50 works which is why I want them in collected by author first and then I plan to use the hierarchy structure of CM to put those under the genre. This way I'll be able to find things more easily, and my collections won't be so cluttered.

I've attached a screen shot of how I set it up in Calibre.

Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Update: Okay so I've managed to create a work around for the series by basically removing all tags, so now the books won't also be individually in genre collections, but I still can't figure out how to get around the author problem. I just spent 2 hours manually editing and removing things from the collections I didn't want them in but when I hit save I got a message saying there was no new data and when I sent it to my kindle and then opened up CM and imported, it did absolutely nothing. I'm completely baffled and frustrated. When I do a report, it's showing what I want and what I did manually, but that's not what I'm seeing on my kindle. (For example, Contemporary, as you can see in the screen shot is supposed to have on 68 items, but on the kindle it has 73). And yes, this is after I did "Import Collections from Calibre".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 03.12.22.png
Views:	366
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	154957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.46.43.png
Views:	321
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	154965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 10.49.48.png
Views:	323
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	154966  

Last edited by lorelaisquared; 02-13-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Update
lorelaisquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #221
hairybiker
Banned
hairybiker began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Forgetting config

I have this setup to use the series column, but about every 2nd time or so, it forgets the settings and I have to reset it.

Can anyone point me at a reason/solution?
hairybiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #222
Sharklops
Sharklops began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelaisquared View Post
Hi there,

I recently got Collections Manager loaded onto my Kindle Touch and I'm loving it so far. I used Calibre to do the big sorting and started to organise further on my kindle, but I've run into a snag. I had calibre sort my books by series, author and genre (using tags) but the books from the series and author sorts were also sorted by genre so now some books are in 2 or more collections when I only want them in one. I've been trying to figure out how to get calibre to exclude them but everything I've tried so far has failed. Short of deleting my tags for everything with a series (which doesn't work for Author), does anyone know of a solution? I have over 2000 books so doing it manually on the kindle isn't really a viable option, Plus I have a few authors with over 50 works which is why I want them in collected by author first and then I plan to use the hierarchy structure of CM to put those under the genre. This way I'll be able to find things more easily, and my collections won't be so cluttered.

I've attached a screen shot of how I set it up in Calibre.

Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Update: Okay so I've managed to create a work around for the series by basically removing all tags, so now the books won't also be individually in genre collections, but I still can't figure out how to get around the author problem. I just spent 2 hours manually editing and removing things from the collections I didn't want them in but when I hit save I got a message saying there was no new data and when I sent it to my kindle and then opened up CM and imported, it did absolutely nothing. I'm completely baffled and frustrated. When I do a report, it's showing what I want and what I did manually, but that's not what I'm seeing on my kindle. (For example, Contemporary, as you can see in the screen shot is supposed to have on 68 items, but on the kindle it has 73). And yes, this is after I did "Import Collections from Calibre".
Have you messed around with Calibre's settings for Metadata Plugboards? They are tremendously helpful, as they allow you to customize how Calibre generates field information it sends to your Kindle.

For instance, I have my Title and Series fields filled in as normal in Calibre. Then, when a standalone book is sent to my Kindle it uses the Title as normal but any books that are a part of a series have their titles automatically changed to look like this:

Code:
Series Name [1] - Book Title
So, when I sort by Title on my Kindle, all the series are automatically placed together in order without having to involve Collections in the process at all.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, if you did this then it might keep you from needing to nest collections and thereby fix the issues you're having.

To accomplish this:
  1. open Preferences and select Metadata Plugboards.
  2. to the right of Add New Plugboard, select from the dropdown lists the file format and device you want the plugboard to applied to (it's also possible to select email, content server, or save to disk as well as All Formats and/or All Devices). Note that Plugboards are given priority according to how specific they are.
  3. enter the following into the Source Template line:
    Code:
    {series:|| [}{series_index:g||] - }{title}
  4. select Title from the Destination Field dropdown
  5. Click Save Plugboard, then Apply

Note that you can use custom fields in Plugboards as well, so the things you can do with them are really only limited by your imagination.

A ton of great information about all of this can be found in the Calibre online manual, and if you have any questions just let me know!
Sharklops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #223
NeerDeth
NeerDeth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
My wife has a pretty old Kindle, Kindle Keyboard 3G. Will this plugin work? Thank.
NeerDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #224
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharklops View Post
Have you messed around with Calibre's settings for Metadata Plugboards? They are tremendously helpful, as they allow you to customize how Calibre generates field information it sends to your Kindle.

For instance, I have my Title and Series fields filled in as normal in Calibre. Then, when a standalone book is sent to my Kindle it uses the Title as normal but any books that are a part of a series have their titles automatically changed to look like this:

Code:
Series Name [1] - Book Title
So, when I sort by Title on my Kindle, all the series are automatically placed together in order without having to involve Collections in the process at all.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, if you did this then it might keep you from needing to nest collections and thereby fix the issues you're having.

To accomplish this:
  1. open Preferences and select Metadata Plugboards.
  2. to the right of Add New Plugboard, select from the dropdown lists the file format and device you want the plugboard to applied to (it's also possible to select email, content server, or save to disk as well as All Formats and/or All Devices). Note that Plugboards are given priority according to how specific they are.
  3. enter the following into the Source Template line:
    Code:
    {series:|| [}{series_index:g||] - }{title}
  4. select Title from the Destination Field dropdown
  5. Click Save Plugboard, then Apply

Note that you can use custom fields in Plugboards as well, so the things you can do with them are really only limited by your imagination.

A ton of great information about all of this can be found in the Calibre online manual, and if you have any questions just let me know!
That sounds great but my reads are almost all library borrows so Calibre only contains empty books to front-end the Overdrive PI. Is there any way to get enhanced metadata either to Amazon before the book is downloaded, or to the Kindle after downloading? (PW2015 if that matters)

Thanks...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:27 AM   #225
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
If you are pulling books from overdrive, you can pull the covers from there too.

Go to the overdrive page for the book in your web browser, right click on the image, (e)dit the book metadata in calibre, right click on the cover and paste...

I've noticed that sometimes the book has a good cover internally, sometimes the one in overdrive is better. I don't know if the kindle driver supports sending covers from calibre, but the kobo driver does.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle