Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 04:08 AM   #1156
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
600 stars on GitHub!

AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #1157
GenericPseudonym
GenericPseudonym began at the beginning.

Are there any plans to have KCC support turning multiple files into one ebook?

For example, Volume 1 of a manga has 3 chapters. I have chapter1.zip, chapter2.zip, chapter3.zip, but I want to add them all together to create Volume1_chapters_1-3.mobi. Currently, to do this I have to manually unzip each of the archives, add them all into one folder together, make sure the directory structure is shaped right for KCC, and then convert that big combined directory.

I would love it if instead I could simply add the three files separately and then tell KCC "combine these and output as one file".
GenericPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2018, 01:04 AM   #1158
neo_free
neo_free began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericPseudonym View Post
Are there any plans to have KCC support turning multiple files into one ebook?

For example, Volume 1 of a manga has 3 chapters. I have chapter1.zip, chapter2.zip, chapter3.zip, but I want to add them all together to create Volume1_chapters_1-3.mobi. Currently, to do this I have to manually unzip each of the archives, add them all into one folder together, make sure the directory structure is shaped right for KCC, and then convert that big combined directory.

I would love it if instead I could simply add the three files separately and then tell KCC "combine these and output as one file".

me too i need this feature
neo_free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:07 AM   #1159
dagenim
dagenim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
please add cropping option in GUI app.

I want to disable crop option.
dagenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:18 AM   #1160
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@GenericPseudonym, @neo_free - This approach would require major changes. But I will think about it.

@dagenim - Elaborate.
Advert
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #1161
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@dagenim - Elaborate.
I'm not @dagenim but would also appreciate a simple checkbox for crop/don't crop.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:00 AM   #1162
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Cropping and border processing is main part of this software.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #1163
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Cropping and border processing is main part of this software.
I understand but the result isn't always good.

I tried converting some Nook manga epub (cbz intermediate format) to Kindle using KCC. Output was too dark so now I'm playing with custom gamma settings. Also encountered issues with stretch/upscale so I left that option unchecked. A similar option for cropping would be much appreciated for problematic (or pre-processed) sources.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #1164
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Just looked at the source code. There's an option to disable cropping via command line. It's just not available in GUI. I don't have access to a 64-bit PC right now (using the precompiled binaries) so I'll just have to check it out later.

Code:
    processingOptions.add_option("-c", "--cropping", type="int", dest="cropping", default="2",
                                 help="Set cropping mode. 0: Disabled 1: Margins 2: Margins + page numbers [Default=2]")
Old 05-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #1165
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
I am also having problems with the cropping. It is taking a pages that have just text in a corner or certain part and cropping it so it then looks way out of place to the other pages.

My current work around is to just place a 1px gray border around all of the images.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #1166
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Cropping is essential part of process. I'm fully aware it can be problematic in some edge cases but that will not change.

I'm aware that "bumper" pages are butchered. Entire algorithm is fine-tuned to optimize "normal" pages and "bumper" images are considered casualties of war. This tool was not created for publishing purposes to create perfectly formatted books. It was created to make "normal" pages as readable as possible.

Power users can experiment with CLI version. But lack of cropping can cause major problems with MOBI output (and even bigger ones with KFX output).

Please remember that KCC officially support only Kindle and Kobo devices. I'm always open to tweak something for other devices but I have to draw a line somewhere.

@ilovejedd - CLI version (and entire KCC) work correctly on 32bit machines. Lack of 32bit binaries is QA issue. Maintaining entire build pipeline require more work than application itself :|

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-15-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #1167
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
@AcidWeb thank you for continuing to support and work on KCC. I have been using it for a while to make epubs and thought it was a handy repackaging tool.

It wasn't until recently when I found out that it also does cbz->cbz conversion and compared back-to-back that I fully understood how much work you put into the eink reading experience.

Thanks for all the effort!
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:33 PM   #1168
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You welcome.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 AM   #1169
Vagabunda
Vagabunda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,
just curious - is there a way to disable splitting completely?

I have a series of separate panels in near-square proportions, lets say 300*250 and 250*300 pixels. (not much, I know, but it's not the point).

How to avoid situation where horizontal panels are being splited?
I don't want them to be rotated either...
Vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #1170
Vagabunda
Vagabunda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK, solved already:
I've used BIMP on my panels to scale them up and fill them to standardized 600*800. Now KCC behaves nicely.
Great piece of software btw Thanks.
Vagabunda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools