Library won't store metadata

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:disk I/O error
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\choose_library.py", line 293, in check_library
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 324, in save_state
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\views.py", line 318, in write_state
File "site-packages\calibre\library\prefs.py", line 58, in set
File "site-packages\calibre\library\prefs.py", line 54, in __setitem__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: disk I/O error
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: disk I/O error
I thought it would have something to do with a faulty disk or something like that but unraid integrity is fine, no disk is reporting problems. So I'm not sure what's happening.

Then I noticed that some of these books had japanese characters in the metadata that aren't being displayed properly. I got the 0.8 from sourceforge since the file on ebook-calibre.com was only 275Kb.

Is there some new character encoding option that should be enabled? All those files worked just fine with the previous version of calibre.
noimporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That error indicates some disk fault, yes. Depending on what the raid integrity check you did tests for, it may or may not pick up the error causing this. Be sure to also run checks on the file system and disk hardware, if possible.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
RAID can have a corrupted file stored as Valid

A 'Valid' file is when the mirrors agree, not that the file is usable by the program.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
noimporta
noimporta began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Reporting back, somehow I still believe it had to do with the character encoding. I closed Calibre since library was unresponsive and when I launched it back, those books with the character encoding problems had lost the metadata but were there ... not sure if there is a way to track what happened from within calibre. Maybe it has to do with the filesystem on the raid (I have had problems with filename encodings from time to time) but it's strange that the files are there but the metadata isn't...
noimporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I don't think the metadata is the culprit. For storage in the DB it shouldn't matter, and for the library folder Calibre ASCIIizes the metadata. What filesystem is the library on? What OS are you running?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
0.8, characters, encoding, i/o error