Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
spidy
spidy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
problem transferring

I have set up my reader and everything was working fine. I purchased some books online and when it came to transferring them across to me ereader the following message came up:

" This eBook cannot be transferred because the Reader is
authorized to another user "

I have tried to account for everything but cannot find the source of the problem. The reader has been charged on one computer before being installed on my computer but I did not install anything or change anything on the first computer so am not sure how this happened. Has it happened to anyone else?

Please help if you can
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Is this a new reader out of the box? Or one you have been using for a while, bought second-hand, or whatever?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
spidy
spidy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
It's a brand new reader
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
What are the formats? lrf?
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Just a few things to check..

Do you have ADE installed and Sony Library installed on the computer?

Do you have the exact same password for ADE and Sony Library?

On your Reader, on the main menu: under Settings, under About: does it show that it is authorized to the Sony store "Authorized for the ebook Store" and next to the Adobe logo: "This device is authorized for Adobe ADE protected content" ?

Log in to the Sony Store: go to "My account". Scroll down to the bottom. Under " My Authorized Computers and Devices". Is that computer and device listed?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert