Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
adamvert
adamvert began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch
list index out of range error

I'm getting a list index out of range error when I do almost anything. For example when I try to add a book (so far I've tried PDF, ODT and TXT), I get:

list index out of range
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 62, in metadata_delivered
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1199, in add_books
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/library/database2.py", line 733, in add_format
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/library/database2.py", line 229, in refresh_ids
IndexError: list index out of range

I'm using Ubuntu Intrepid, just compiled the latest version of Calibre.

Thanks,
Adam
adamvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
perhaps you have database corruption, delete/rename the file metadata.db
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
adamvert

Unfortunately that doesn't make any difference.

This is a fresh install, so I wonder if I did anything wrong while installing all the necessary dependencies. But the compilation checks the required versions, doesn't it?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it doesn't check all the dependencies, what version of sqlite do you have and where is your library located?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
adamvert

sqlite 2.8.17, my library is at /home/adam/Library
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you need sqlite3
Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
adamvert

Aha, I also see that I sqlite 3.5.9 installed - but I have to type sqlite3 at the terminal to get it.

Could it be that Calibre is trying to use the wrong version?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you can check by running ldd on sqlite.so which is somewhere in /usr/lib/python2.5(6)

Also try running the following commands

echo test > /tmp/test.txt && calibredb add /tmp/test.txt
calibredb list
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
adamvert

I don't have sqlite.so under /usr/lib/python2.5, but I do have an sqlite3 dir.

When I run those commands I get:

Upgrading database to version 2...
Upgrading database to version 3...
Upgrading database to version 4...

And then:

idtitleauthors
1 test Unknown
Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ldd /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_sqlite3.so

Ok so adding from the command line seems to work so it's a GUI problem. What versions of Qt and PyQt do you have?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
adamvert

I don't have sqlite.so under /usr/lib/python2.5, but I do have an sqlite3 dir.

When I run those commands I get:

Upgrading database to version 2...
Upgrading database to version 3...
Upgrading database to version 4...

And then:

idtitleauthors
1 test Unknown
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
adamvert

I have 4.4.3 of QT4 and 4.4.2 of PyQT, by the looks of things. These are all Ubuntu versions.

And running ldd gives me:

linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7fc0000)
libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0 (0xb7f2e000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7f15000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7db6000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7db2000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fc1000)
Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

those should be sufficient, start the gui as

calibre-debug -g

and try to add a book and post any output you see in the terminal
Old 03-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
adamvert

I just installed the package python-sqlite2 2.4.1-1, and now I'm getting a different error:

db_images
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 723, in _files_added
AttributeError: db_images

Although everything seems to be working OK - the list index out of range error is gone.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah a bug, its caused by your calibre install not having a correctly builf CoverFlow plugin. This should not cause an error as the plugin is option. Mouse over the black icon in the bottom right of the GUI to see why it's failing to load the coverFlow plugin