Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Vox Screen

I have to admit, the screen IS gorgeous. The problems with glare can easily be solved both in the Kindle app and Aldiko. (I haven't played much with the Kobo app, it's too annoying for my taste).

In Kindle app, you can change the background and also in Aldiko.

Even better, with the Aldiko app (for epubs), you can sort by:
Title
Authors
Tags (yes - the Calibre "tags" works here)
Collections

I can definitely live with the Aldiko App. The screen resolution, as I wrote earlier, is beautiful. You can also darken the screen by changing the "brightness" option.

Oh, also there's a "night" setting which I personally can do without - black background with white lettering. This is giving me a headache. I'll stick to changing the background color for easier reading.

Glare-wise, yes, I can see where it would be more reflective than the e-ink Kindle screens. But not so much that with the above changes you couldn't read outside.
friktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I agree with this point. The screen is outstanding.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert