Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #496
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Is anyone else having the same problem - or are they having Modify ePub behave normally without errors (without even trying the Append Extra CSS option)?
FWIW - I do NOT get the error when append extra CSS is false (my usual setting) I do get the error if I set append extra CSS to true. Tried several books with same result.

Here's my settings (with append_extra_css as true)

Spoiler:

Code:
  "modify epub plugin:options dialog:settings": {
    "append_extra_css": true, 
    "add_replace_jacket": false, 
    "encode_html_utf8": false, 
    "remove_xpgt_files": true, 
    "remove_unmanifested_files": true, 
    "remove_unused_images": true, 
    "remove_javascript": true, 
    "remove_itunes_files": true, 
    "remove_calibre_bookmarks": true, 
    "update_metadata": true, 
    "remove_broken_covers": true, 
    "rewrite_css_margins": true, 
    "insert_replace_cover": false, 
    "remove_embedded_fonts": true, 
    "zero_xpgt_margins": true, 
    "remove_cover": true, 
    "remove_broken_ncx_links": true, 
    "remove_non_dc_elements": true, 
    "remove_legacy_jackets": true, 
    "remove_drm_meta_tags": true, 
    "flatten_toc": true, 
    "smarten_punctuation": true, 
    "remove_all_jackets": true, 
    "add_unmanifested_files": false, 
    "remove_missing_files": true, 
    "remove_os_artifacts": true
  },

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #497
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BetterRed - you get the same error as DoctorOhh you mean? Or the same error as mob and ottischwenk reported?

@DoctorOhh - Thanks, I can replicate your issue from looking at the code, that is an easy fix. It comes if you do not have any extra css specified in your preference defaults.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #498
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@BetterRed - you get the same error as DoctorOhh you mean? Or the same error as mob and ottischwenk reported?

@DoctorOhh - Thanks, I can replicate your issue from looking at the code, that is an easy fix. It comes if you do not have any extra css specified in your preference defaults.
Same as DoctorOhh I think - here you go

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 1.1.0
ERROR: Modify ePub failed: No ePub files were updated

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 41 (Test Epub / 4 kiwidude)
  Modifying:  C:\CalibreTemp\calibre_6nnbzo\7_ny9k_modify_epub\41.epub
	Updating metadata and cover
Parsing xml file: content.opf
Parsing xml file: toc.ncx
	Looking for files to remove: [u'iTunesMetadata.plist', u'iTunesArtwork']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'.DS_Store', u'thumbs.db']
	Looking for unused images
	Looking for redundant entries in manifest
	Looking for unmanifested files
	Looking for NCX to flatten
	  No nested navPoints
	Looking for broken links in the NCX
	Looking for Adobe xpgt files and links to remove
	Looking for Adobe DRM meta tags to remove
	Looking for all jackets
	Looking for embedded fonts
	Looking for css @font-face style declarations
	Looking for inline @font-face style declarations
	Looking for CSS margins
	Looking for extra CSS to append
Test Epub - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 73, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 165, in _process_book
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for |=: 'bool' and 'NoneType'

ePub not changed after 0.15 seconds
Old 09-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #499
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks BetterRed - yeah, the fact that both you and DoctorOhh didn't get the same error as mob and ottischwenk leads me to believe that neither restarted calibre after installing the updated plugin. I will push the fix for your error shortly...
Old 09-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #500
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.9 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for users who do not have any Extra CSS in their defaults trying to use the Append Extra CSS option.
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #501
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Thanks BetterRed - yeah, the fact that both you and DoctorOhh didn't get the same error as mob and ottischwenk leads me to believe that neither restarted calibre after installing the updated plugin. I will push the fix for your error shortly...
That did the trick on my error

BR
Old 09-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #502
mob
mob began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
kiwidude, am pretty sure that I restarted calibre after updating....

Installed new version and all is good now - thanks a lot!
mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #503
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I've used Modify Epub to replace covers in my ebooks for about a year now. Just recently, the plugin has started creating an ORIGINAL_EPUB file alongside the new epub, whereas previously it would delete the old and replace it with the new.

I don't want to clutter my hard drive with older versions of epubs; is there a way to return to the previous behaviour? Did I uncheck a preference by mistake?

P.S. If there's any way to batch remove the original_epubs via Calibre, would someone be so kind as to let me know? Thank you.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #504
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I've used Modify Epub to replace covers in my ebooks for about a year now. Just recently, the plugin has started creating an ORIGINAL_EPUB file alongside the new epub, whereas previously it would delete the old and replace it with the new.
This is the proper way for this plugin to work. In case of any issue the original is kept around.

Quote:
P.S. If there's any way to batch remove the original_epubs via Calibre, would someone be so kind as to let me know?
Select all books with original_format (in search bar use formats:"=ORIGINAL_EPUB")
Click edit metadata
Use Remove format option
Select Original_epub and click ok
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #505
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I don't want to clutter my hard drive with older versions of epubs; is there a way to return to the previous behaviour? Did I uncheck a preference by mistake?

P.S. If there's any way to batch remove the original_epubs via Calibre, would someone be so kind as to let me know? Thank you.
Try to set the two tweaks to False in Preferences -> Tweaks (at the bottom), "original" in search for tweak (see attached screenshot).

To remove all instances of ORIGINAL_EPUB from your books *please* make a backup of your library first... Done?

Then: select all your books, right click -> Remove books -> Remove files of a specific format from selected books. Select the format ORIGINAL_EPUB.

Edit: Ninja'd by DoctorOhh
As he mentions, the original format is kept for a reason. If you remove it, make sure that you have the original file somewhere else. Replacing covers is probably safe, but for instance epub->epub conversion can be destructive in non-intuitive ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original_tweak.PNG
Views:	299
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	110450  

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 09-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #506
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Thank you both so much. That was very helpful and very quick.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #507
mob
mob began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
I use this add-on on every ebook i keep in calibre - I really like the simplicity and one-click function.... Would really appreciate if the author could add the user option not to create a back-up Original_Epub as it was done in the past.... so that it does not interfere with the creation of back-ups when doing format to same format conversions....

Otherwise, great job.... Mop
mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #508
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Thanks!
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #509
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@mob - just see Man Eating Duck's post above regarding Preferences -> Tweaks.

The category of the tweak to change is "Save original file when converting/polishing from same format tos...". You will see "save_original_format_when_polishing" which as per the release notes for this plugin is what the plugin checks for - set this to False, restart calibre and you will not get the ORIGINAL_EPUB entries appearing.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #510
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
@mob - just see Man Eating Duck's post above regarding Preferences -> Tweaks.

The category of the tweak to change is "Save original file when converting/polishing from same format tos...". You will see "save_original_format_when_polishing" which as per the release notes for this plugin is what the plugin checks for - set this to False, restart calibre and you will not get the ORIGINAL_EPUB entries appearing.
I always seem to learn new things about calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub