Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Why I don't buy books from Australia

I was going to get a healthbook for my animals, so I looked at Amazon and Fishpond (Fishpond is Australian)

Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Debra M. Eldredge DVM, et al

This book was AUD69.99 at Fishpond with free shipping (Ships in 3-10 days)

I also got:

Anatomy Flashcards, Stephanie Mccann, Joanne Tillotson (interested after reading Stiff in this month bookclub)

Not available at Fishpond...

Both items including shipping was AUD60.75, and knowing Amazon they'll be here next week...

So I saved over $9 and didn't pay any tax to the Australian Government... I don't feel bad about that, as they get enough tax out of me as it is...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
smerrall
smerrall began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I was going to get a healthbook for my animals, so I looked at Amazon and Fishpond (Fishpond is Australian)

Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, Debra M. Eldredge DVM, et al

This book was AUD69.99 at Fishpond with free shipping (Ships in 3-10 days)

I also got:

Anatomy Flashcards, Stephanie Mccann, Joanne Tillotson (interested after reading Stiff in this month bookclub)

Not available at Fishpond...

Both items including shipping was AUD60.75, and knowing Amazon they'll be here next week...

So I saved over $9 and didn't pay any tax to the Australian Government... I don't feel bad about that, as they get enough tax out of me as it is...
Should have tried the book depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/.
Free shipping worldwide the same titles there are AUD54.61!
smerrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Wow! That would have saved me another 6 bucks... I'll keep that in mind...

How are they with deliveries?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Wow! That would have saved me another 6 bucks... I'll keep that in mind...

How are they with deliveries?
Of the books I have ordered (I live in Tasmania BTW) I find I usually get them 10-14 days after ordering them. Some people I have heard from in NSW have had them arrive in 5 days.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #5
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Yeah, that's around right I think Lene. A week or so. Had one or two turn up in less than a week, others close to two - depends partly on their sourcing I suppose. Tassie would likely be longer I would think.

Faster than Amazon, no doubt, although I very rarely get anything from there.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Can't offer you anything about canine health, Lene, but there are several books by Australian authors on a pay-what-you-like (or free) basis if you follow the link in my signature line below and scroll down through the catalogue.

As an animal lover, one that might interest you in particular is a wonderful novel we published a couple of months ago called Last Birds by Australian author Andrew Theland. It's one of the pay-what-you like (or nothing at all) offers for Read an Ebook Week.

Happy reading. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Of the books I have ordered (I live in Tasmania BTW)
You're the only other person I know of in Tasmania who knows what ebooks are. I live in Launceston by the way.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote