Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
"The Lost Underwear," A Dan Brown Parody, by Daniela Green

The Lost Underwear

By

Daniela Green

The Secret is how to find clean underwear.

The seventy-three year old geezer gazed down at the sodden underwear cradled in the hollow of his wizened hands. The underwear was dirty, filled with strange black hieroglyphs and other shapes of Unknown Origin.

Wear it, he told himself. You have nothing to fear. It’s only wet, dirty underwear.

As was his tradition, he first began donning underwear when he was 3 years old. He learned quickly, from his Auntie, that he should wear only his underwear and not Uncle Ferdinand's underwear. Naturally, being so young, he often put his underwear on backwards, so that the little slit in the front was behind him, which caused the young boy much consternation and confusion. Now, aound his scrawny neck, he had another piece of underwear, one that his brethren called a T-Shirt. Currently, at the age of sixty-two, he was a Master at putting on underwear.

The assembly of brothers and sisters encircling him urged him now to try on the underwear, but the ninety-one year old Master ignored them, even though the brethren held responsible jobs, some cleaning toilets, while others worked as voluntary (but paid) lab experiments. But these disparate jobs meant nothing: Here, all men were equals, except for perhaps Bob (a Wal-Mart Greeter), and maybe Marge, a woman (but not really) who earned an exorbitant amount of money selling perfumed goods secretly hidden in the recesses of her various body cavities.

Try it. Try on the underwear,” a voice close to him said, one that was perhaps fifteen feet away. The silhouette of that man’s voice carried with it a halo of red hair and flaring nostrils, the velvet spirals of the man’s nose hairs twinkling eerily in the moonlight, like a hidden Secret out of some Ancient Mystery.

I am just three doors away from the toilet.

[TO BE CONTINUED BY OTHER MEMBERS...or BRETHREN.]

Wow! What an incredible Voice this writer has. He's able to talk about Difficult Subjects with Authority. And the story-telling quality leaves me mesmerized. I was literally gasping for breath. (My Doctors tell me it was only a mild heart attack.)

Truthfully, I was hesitant to post the entire novel, lest some unknown someone use the Secrets here for evil purposes. Some Secrets are not meant to be shared with Unknown Individuals.

I hope you understand. If not, I can't help you.

Don

"A Dan Brown Parody" is a copyrighted and trademarked phrase and is not meant to imply any writer living or dead (well, maybe "dead," but only artistically speaking), and may be used only with the explicit permission of its owner, Dr. Drib.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-20-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
Me and a famous celebrity actually did literally 'run into' Dan Brown near the NY Public Library a while ago during Sony's unveiling of the new PRS models. Nice guy actually, even if I did tell him his books suck.
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_ahn View Post
Me and a famous celebrity actually did literally 'run into' Dan Brown near the NY Public Library a while ago during Sony's unveiling of the new PRS models. Nice guy actually, even if I did tell him his books suck.
At times like those, I'm sure he just looks at his bank balance, re-considers what you said, and then laughs heartily
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Is that a typo? You DID tell him? Or you DIDN'T tell him?

If you did tell him his bucks suck big time (slip is intentional), then you have more of the "upfront stuff that counts" than me.

Someone plagued by Chtulhu writes better than Dan Brown. I've actually seen a zombie with better command of the English language.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
OMG.....

This is great!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
jeremy_ahn
Banned

in real life, dan brown is a nice enough guy. much more humble and fan-friendly than a lot of other douches. pardon mon francais. (did i say that right?)

but his breath stinks.

lol, he even laughed when i told him his writing sucks ass (arse; tush; boo-tay).

i felt bad insulting him.

i told him i admire him for his money.

i felt better.

not really. i felt poor.

i thought about mugging him to buy a happy meal though.

i didn't tell him though.

he's a nice guy.

but stanky breath.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Me and a famous celebrity...
Is there any other kind?
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
jeremy_ahn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
Is there any other kind?
oui. c'est "youtube 'celebrity'" = nobody gives a damn about dem.

although i wish i was a youtube 'celebrity' ... that whatthebuck gay guy makes over a 100 g's per year from youtube.

anyone else thought about jacking his crib for his g's after reading about that?

soulja boy got mugged and then he favorited the heist video the muggers took on his own youtube channel.

that = LOL