Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 03:30 AM   #181
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I wonder if Calibre is proofed against the year 2038 problem
If you still use a 2021 (or older) version of Calibre in 2038 you definitely got other problems
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:06 AM   #182
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
2038 is a mere 17 years hence

I use an image deduper I acquired 23 years ago - i.e in 1998, the UI is a bit flaky on modern hardware, but its still the best image deduper I know. IEBGENER was part of the original OS/360 in 1964, 57 years later its still being used on z/OS.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:20 AM   #183
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And how about that great do everything tool IEFBR14. The things one could do with it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #184
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
And how about that great do everything tool IEFBR14. The things one could do with it!
true

BR
Old 04-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #185
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I use an image deduper I acquired 23 years ago - i.e in 1998, the UI is a bit flaky on modern hardware, but its still the best image deduper I know. IEBGENER was part of the original OS/360 in 1964, 57 years later its still being used on z/OS.
Up until a few years ago I was still using Windows Cardfile. I replaced it with Scrapbook.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-16-2021 at 06:19 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #186
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Since normal service has been restored, does this thread still warrant being sticky'ed?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:08 PM   #187
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

IMO, not if you say so

BR
Old 04-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #188
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
One vote of approval--that's good enough, right?

And... done.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 05:11 PM   #189
Reader2021
Reader2021 began at the beginning.

Thanks. Tried this but could not get it to work. Installed Calibre 4.23 Portabe to a thumb drive and added DeDRM 6.8.1 plugin to it. Tried it on the same Windows 10 PC where Calibre 5.17 is installed and on another Windows 10 PC where no Calibre had been installed. Tried with and without copy of dedrm.json from 5.17 settings.
Reader2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #190
Reader2021
Reader2021 began at the beginning.

Hello - To update my earlier post on 05/02/2021

I was able to get the DeDRM to work on Calibre. It worked after I added my device serial number in the Customize DeDRM plugin options. Seems there was no problem with current version in my case, DeDRMing and converting Kindle AZW3 files.

It works on the current version, Calibre 5.17 with DeDRM 7.2.1 and on the older portable version 4.23 with DeDRM 6.8.1.

But no luck with KFX files
Reader2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #191
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader2021 View Post
Hello - To update my earlier post on 05/02/2021

I was able to get the DeDRM to work on Calibre. It worked after I added my device serial number in the Customize DeDRM plugin options. Seems there was no problem with current version in my case, DeDRMing and converting Kindle AZW3 files.

It works on the current version, Calibre 5.17 with DeDRM 7.2.1 and on the older portable version 4.23 with DeDRM 6.8.1.

But no luck with KFX files
With the latest KindleforPC, DeDRM7.2.1 was working to remove the DRM from KFX and very soon after that, Amazon changed the DRM for KFX. So I would say to forget ever being able to remove the DRM from KFX as Amazon is able to change it once it's been broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:08 PM   #192
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
And Amazon is pretty quick to do so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Oh, it's happened twice now that a version of DeDRM gets released that handles the latest KFX, and the next day it no longer works.

Luckily I don't care about KFX (yet!), but for those books which are only available in KFX, it must be very frustrating.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:03 AM   #193
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So I would say to forget ever being able to remove the DRM from KFX as Amazon is able to change it once it's been broken.
Real pirates just screen capture and OCR, or more often use an ARC of the paperback, chop spine, scan, OCR.

Amazon and the big publishers could learn from Apple iTunes.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:45 AM   #194
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Real pirates just screen capture and OCR, or more often use an ARC of the paperback, chop spine, scan, OCR.

Amazon and the big publishers could learn from Apple iTunes.
The big publishers did learn from Apple. They learned all about agency pricing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:59 AM   #195
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
To DeDRM KFX files, you need to use no later then Kindle for PC/Mac 1.26. But I think you're better off avoiding KFX and getting the older formats for converting and archiving anyway.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm