Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
BrandonYuen
BrandonYuen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Music sounds good on the PRS-505!

I just bought a PRS-505 for my wife and I was fiddling with it a bit myself. Being more of an audio person, I went straight to the music section, and I was blown away by the sound quality of "Sleepy Time"! The instruments and sound effects had a very realistic quality and presence, and the quiet parts in between were truly quiet... well, on my AudioTechnica AD300 headphones anyway.

Is it just me or is the audio hardware on the PRS-505 pretty darn decent?

I did a quick search and it seems like it uses the Asahi Kasei AK4356 DAC, which boasts some pretty impressive specs on paper. But I can't find any sites that review the audio capabilities of the PRS-505... understandably, I guess, since it's a reader.

I'm just wondering if anyone feels the same...
BrandonYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
i wish it had bluetooth capabilities so i can use my bluetooth headphones
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
sounds interesting, will have to try it out.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by willanaya View Post
i wish it had bluetooth capabilities so i can use my bluetooth headphones
You can always get a bluetooth dongle. But generally the sound quality with bluetooth is much worse. And you have to recharge.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #5
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
wait there's music on my reader ? j/k only listened to it once the first day I had it . Just use it reading mind you I have had ear buds plugged in and in my ears just to deter interruptions .
Fathermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert