Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #166
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
NOT:
Code:
"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server"
INSTEAD:
Code:
"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/sftp-server"
Thanks, works now!
That and a corrected port number did it!
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #167
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
That and a corrected port number did it!
Explain, please
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #168
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Explain, please
I used cgm999's usbnet/start.sh from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=173
And I was not aware that in the last line "$root/dropbear -p 2 -E -r $root/host.key.rsa -d $root/host.key.dss" the 2 was the port number. Changed it to 22 and everything was fine.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #169
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
I used cgm999's usbnet/start.sh from here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=173
And I was not aware that in the last line "$root/dropbear -p 2 -E -r $root/host.key.rsa -d $root/host.key.dss" the 2 was the port number. Changed it to 22 and everything was fine.
Now it's clear. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #170
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I guess I'm dense but where do I find the USBnet user name and password, for Putty?

Luck;
Ken

Hmm... according to the dropbear log my Kobo thinks it is May 3.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-12-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #171
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
probably root and no password
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #172
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
probably root and no password
Right I ran across that before someplace, thanks.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #173
Ken Maltby
Wizard

sergeyvl12;

As of now I use the following, in KoboLauncher.sh to get around a screen corruption problem in Koreader when it is launched from your Launcher via the .ini file.

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard

This works fine and I can use the Launcher Png to run Koreader with no problems, but this way I never get to the Launcher's menu. What would be great would be if there could be a selection menu. Something like this: 1. Launcher 2. Koreader 3. Cancel

Then we could use your Launcher to run Koreader without corruption and also reach your menu with the games and utilities.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #174
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
sergeyvl12;

As of now I use the following, in KoboLauncher.sh to get around a screen corruption problem in Koreader when it is launched from your Launcher via the .ini file.

/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard

This works fine and I can use the Launcher Png to run Koreader with no problems, but this way I never get to the Launcher's menu. What would be great would be if there could be a selection menu. Something like this: 1. Launcher 2. Koreader 3. Cancel

Then we could use your Launcher to run Koreader without corruption and also reach your menu with the games and utilities.

Luck;
Ken
Ken,

I'll invent a way to start Koreader from KoboLauncher menu. Or probably a new icon will be used for Koreader (e.g. koreader.png).
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #175
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Ken,

I'll invent a way to start Koreader from KoboLauncher menu. Or probably a new icon will be used for Koreader (e.g. koreader.png).
Great, that sounds like a more elegant solution. I never even thought of another .png. ( Never did figure out how you made it so selecting a .png image ran a bash script.) Thanks much for addressing this issue.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #176
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
@Ken: I think you can add a killall KoboLauncher or something similar to koreader_kobo.sh, anyway you must reboot Kobo to exit Koreader.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #177
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
@Ken: I think you can add a killall KoboLauncher or something similar to koreader_kobo.sh, anyway you must reboot Kobo to exit Koreader.
That does sound interesting as a possible way to prevent the corruption, if it turns out that the problem is being caused by something leftover from the launcher and that "killall" can shut it down. Worth a try. Thanks.

But, having a Koreader.png launcher and script would be so... nice.

Not sure what you meant by the reference to the reboot requirement? Unless you think I would try to killall Koreader and somehow restart Nickel? That would avoid the reboot, if it worked and if I had any idea how to do that.

Luck;
Ken

PS; I think it would be killall launcher
PPS; Well I tried it with killall launcher and there was no corruption of the screen upon poking on the screen, like before there is no response to poking on any of the areas that are supposed do something, either. So, my guess is that Koreader is not gaining control of the touchscreen when started after the launcher has run, even if the launcher has been killed. If the launcher is not killed the corruption appears on any attempt to use the touchscreen. If the actual "launcher" program is not run Koreader can be launched and runs as expected, from the modified "KoboLauncher.sh".

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-16-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #178
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Try to open and close an epub in Kobo before starting the Launcher.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #179
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Great, that sounds like a more elegant solution. I never even thought of another .png. ( Never did figure out how you made it so selecting a .png image ran a bash script.) Thanks much for addressing this issue.

Luck;
Ken
Meet kobo files monitor!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218283
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #180
Kobohobo
Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.Kobohobo for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo mini
sergeyvl12, thank you for this fantastic piece of software. Thanks to you I can now use my Kobo mini as a travel chess set!

I only have one question, just in case:

I used the interal launcher to install your program suite on 2.8.1. If I ever wanted to uninstall KoboLauncher and all programs, how would I go about that? I am sorry if this was asked before. I searched far and wide but I wasn't able to find anything on this matter.

Thanks again!
Kobohobo is offline   Reply With Quote