Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
LCD Cleaner

I use the Pixel Clean wet and dry package from http://www.pixelclean.com/

I have used it on sensitive LCD screens for 3 HD TV's and my LCD Monitor. So far I have NOT tried it on the Sony PCS 505 but, in case of significant dirt, would try it. Those LCD screens have a thin plastic membrane covering electronics and could be ruined by even a finger print or any other solution.

I never use the spray on version since any loose liquid could penetrate the borders. Instead, I use the Wet and Dry Travel package available here:

http://www.pixelclean.com/product/Pi...Set-of-12.html

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-17-2008 at 11:56 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #17
cybear
cybear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
For dusting, I go with that canned air stuff. Lots of fun to play with, that stuff is. Unfortunately, they won't let me order it at work any more ... the test-tube incident caused that, I think.
i tried to buy a can of this a few months ago, got carded and i didn't have my ID so i had to put it back
cybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Really? I didn't realize they restricted sales of the stuff by age -- the folks in the office won't let me have it because I'm juvenile, not because I'm underage.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Really? I didn't realize they restricted sales of the stuff by age -- the folks in the office won't let me have it because I'm juvenile, not because I'm underage.
I can understand that. Blowing compressed air through you clenched armpit would do that to some sensitive people. Did it hurt?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nah, nothing so simple as that. I like to take a test-tube (the kind with a stopper) and put some liquid canned air in it (hold the can upside-down and the liquid stuff comes out instead of the gaseous), then stopper the thing and wait for it to burst the stopper out. Makes quite a noise, and you get pretty impressive range if you do it reasonably well.

You just gotta watch out that you don't get the liquid on yourself -- frost-bite, you know.
Advert
Old 01-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #21
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Personally, I find popping champagne corks more satisfying. And you get a drink afterwards.

Quote:
Makes quite a noise, and you get pretty impressive range if you do it reasonably well.

You just gotta watch out that you don't get the liquid on yourself -- frost-bite, you know.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #22
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast
JeffASonyReader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I have that same package. Why don't you wet the cloth with the solution? Worked great on mine.
No need. It was a tiny finger mark.
JeffASonyReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #23
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast

Quote:
Nah, nothing so simple as that. I like to take a test-tube (the kind with a stopper) and put some liquid canned air in it (hold the can upside-down and the liquid stuff comes out instead of the gaseous), then stopper the thing and wait for it to burst the stopper out. Makes quite a noise, and you get pretty impressive range if you do it reasonably well.

Be a lot easier to buy pre-made canned air ones. They sell them at any electronics store almost. Definitely find them at a electronics parts store.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #24
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffASonyReader View Post
Be a lot easier to buy pre-made canned air ones. They sell them at any electronics store almost. Definitely find them at a electronics parts store.
I use a 7 hp compressor with an 80 gal tank. It will strip the keys off a keyboard in one blast.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 01-18-2008 at 01:45 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffASonyReader View Post
Those are the ones we're talking about, JeffASonyReader.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #26
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast

Quote:
Those are the ones we're talking about, JeffASonyReader.
Gee, must have been tired that morning. Yea.

I think I'm gonna get one right now....attach it to some empty ginger ale bottle....hmm.....
Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #27
NatCh
Gizmologist

Hey, I'm just glad it wasn't me this time.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #28
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hey, I'm just glad it wasn't me this time.
Well it only happens to the best of us.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
cybear
cybear began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
...makes me think...once the dust is off of your keyboard or electronic device from a blast of air from a can...you will probably breath some of it in...health issues? anyone allergic to dust? being that your electronics will most likely be indoors, maybe using canned air won't alleviate the problem, just pass it off to someone else. and aren't we breathing enough crap like car tire particles etc...
cybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #30
JeffASonyReader
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybear View Post
...makes me think...once the dust is off of your keyboard or electronic device from a blast of air from a can...you will probably breath some of it in...health issues? anyone allergic to dust? being that your electronics will most likely be indoors, maybe using canned air won't alleviate the problem, just pass it off to someone else. and aren't we breathing enough crap like car tire particles etc...
I read somewhere that air quality indoors is much worse than outdoors.
Most dust is dead skin cells, most people don't own air purifiers, increase in kids with asthma. . . .

Heck, stand beside a smoker.