Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 04:27 AM   #106
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
This new upgrade is causing problems for my Kobo Touch. Every time I swipe or tap to turn a page I get a black border round the text. I can get rid of it by bringing up the reading menu -the black border goes away when I tap to leave the menu. Every page turn, the black border comes back again.

I have tried reinstalling the upgrade several times but nothing changes. I haven't yet contacted Kobo, (I will do so) but has anyone else seen this happen with an upgrade?
I see that too, on my son's Touch. It was there also on the version before (4.6.9960?)
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:40 AM   #107
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't seen that on my N905 Touch. Which version do you have?
I have the original Touch N905, presumably A.

I have emailed Kobo CS and reverted to 4.5.9587 until I get any other suggestions or fixes.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:10 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seking View Post
@davidfor by previous firmware i meant 4.6.9960. I will wait for some time. Thanks for the response.
4.6.9995 is the same as 4.6.9960 except that the speed issues have been fixed. So there's no need to wait to install 4.6.9995.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #109
momchil
momchil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
4.6.9995 is the same as 4.6.9960 except that the speed issues have been fixed. So there's no need to wait to install 4.6.9995.
Not exactly!
I have issue with light of the screen with 4.6.9995 on my Kobo Aura ONE, but with 4.6.9960 has fine.
momchil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:05 PM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And how could 4.6.9995 effect the light?
Old 10-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #111
momchil
momchil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And how could 4.6.9995 effect the light?

AUTO settings in not very responsive and not very comfortable for reading.
momchil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #112
coldfox
coldfox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Where do i go to get the update
coldfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #113
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfox View Post
Try downloading from here:
Unofficial downloader

Edit: Be careful! It's a BETA version and it's still not official.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
Unofficial downloader

Your post makes it sound like the firmware is beta and there is no Unofficial Downloader. That website works very well.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #115
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfox View Post
See post #5 of this thread.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #116
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Unofficial downloader

Sorry, what is a beta version and not official? Because firmware version 4.6.9995 is definitely an official release. Kobo do not release beta firmware versions to the public. Anything you see will be an official release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #117
seking
seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glow Hd kindle touch 7th gen
i updated my kobo glo hd with 4.6.9995. Everything is running without any issues. i am happy that kobo rectified the previous version issues.
seking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 AM   #118
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
I have the original Touch N905, presumably A.

I have emailed Kobo CS and reverted to 4.5.9587 until I get any other suggestions or fixes.
Please let us know when you get any feedback from them.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #119
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Please let us know when you get any feedback from them.
Will do. The email auto-reply said I should get a response within 24 hours - it's been 43 hours at time of writing...

Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #120
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Unofficial downloader

It is not a beta version, as the "Other Affiliates" button shows. Also, it's official because my page gets the updates the same way as the Kobo ereaders. The downloads are hosted on Kobo servers.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote