Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #301
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I don't have anything in my profile other than the pic I uploaded. I think Blossom and I both have the same 3 month free subscription from the magazine so it should have the same drop down. Strange that one.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #302
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Blossom, I think you're missing the button -- keep checking. Maybe it will appear. I have no idea if it helps to fill out profile information. I know I always type in some basic stuff, and the only other thing that I know is different is that I have a sub.
Leave it to me to be to left out. *sigh* Ah well. It would have been nice. I've been selling hubby on Scribd. He likes to read non fiction and so I was telling him that if he wanted I install it on his KF so he could use it. I explain to him it's a Netflix for books. Those non fiction books are expensive!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #303
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
I remember seeing the option for free month with some social networking before I signed up. I just checked and the option is no longer there in the profile dropdown. I signed up for the free month and just assumed you had to pick one or the other.

Has anyone use the scribd app on the new Onyx reader? http://www.amazon.com/Onyx-BOOX-T68-...=onyx+boox+t68

They are talking about this in the news forum. Looks like an eink reader that runs android apps. That would be great!
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:57 PM   #304
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Leave it to me to be to left out. *sigh* Ah well. It would have been nice.
What happens if you go directly to the bonus time page (after logging in)? http://www.scribd.com/subscription_extension

I was prompted to sign up for these during the signup process for the 90 day "moremagazine" promotion, but the offers are available at the URL.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #305
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
What happens if you go directly to the bonus time page (after logging in)? http://www.scribd.com/subscription_extension

I was prompted to sign up for these during the signup process for the 90 day "moremagazine" promotion, but the offers are available at the URL.
That worked! K to you!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #306
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, oh. I see an "system update downloaded" click to install on my Nexus again. Browsing around this seems to be 4.4.4.

I'll let Blossom be the guinea pig again. I am afraid it will break Scribd again or something else.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #307
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Oh, oh. I see an "system update downloaded" click to install on my Nexus again. Browsing around this seems to be 4.4.4.

I'll let Blossom be the guinea pig again. I am afraid it will break Scribd again or something else.
Installed last night everything works okay that I can tell.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #308
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Installed last night everything works okay that I can tell.
Cool, thanks, I'll download it then.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #309
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It's disturbing to notice that some books which I have read, are no longer available, and books in the same series, which were on my list, are also not available. These are smashwords books.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #310
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It's disturbing to notice that some books which I have read, are no longer available, and books in the same series, which were on my list, are also not available. These are smashwords books.
That's odd. I wonder if the authors are opting out or if something else has gone wrong...

I haven't been on there in at least a week. I'll have to check mine. I've been dealing with other Smash issues (ie overdrive and no covers showing).
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #311
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Either the author opted out which is easy to do or the author remove their work from Smashwords. I've seen authors all the time pull their books from Smashwords.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #312
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
But it's not all of her books. So must be some error in there.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #313
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
But it's not all of her books. So must be some error in there.
If not all her books then she didn't opt out. She removed some books from Smashwords. I bet she is going Prime only with those titles.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #314
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
If not all her books then she didn't opt out. She removed some books from Smashwords. I bet she is going Prime only with those titles.
Or there was an error. Some of mine say they don't qualify (Dragons of Wendal for example) but it shipped to Apple even though it said it would not. I didn't mind--I made sales and got credit for them, but there are often glitches.

It might be that they weren't supposed to ship and the author caught it. Or there was some other error. Sometimes the wrong info gets shipped and so on. I once had someone else's covers appear on my books at B&N. My description, my book...wrong cover!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #315
Atunah
Wizard

I have that issue too. I added like over 100 books now in my library and some go away. The other day I had a weird one. I had some Kathleen Kirkwood titles in my library and they were through Smashwords. Then I noticed no cover anymore and when I clicked, it went nowhere. So I searched for the author and found them listed just fine, but under Draftsomething now. So I added those and deleted the smashwords ones. Its like she had them first through Smash and then switched to Draftsomething.
I know both services offer to go to Scribd and I wonder if that author hit the button on both sites and because Scribd saw duplicates, deleted the older ones automatically. Who knows.

Its wierd sometimes how I can't find a book by title, but find it by author, sometimes I find it, then not again and later its back.
I browse Sribd by romance-most recent often to see what was added and within a day stuff that was there as recent is suddenly gone again. Poof.

There seems to be some fluctuation going on. At least the gone books are still as place holders in the library so I can search for them again if I need to later.