Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #76
Senior Junior
Enthusiast
Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Senior Junior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx FireFly & Onyx C67ML 8Gb Carta & Asus TF101G
Ckarsten

Thanks for the information, mean it is possible to go safely behind purchase
Senior Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #77
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Mine arrived earlier this morning and is now in the process of charging. Cute little thing.
Wish it had a rubberized back panel but I'll keep it in it's cover anyways so it's no bigggie. I don't see any battery charge icon anywhere, btw, so I guess the only indicator is the led on the power button, right? And the sleep/power off function confuses me a little, no matter how long I keep the power button pressed it always brings on the Firefly screen with the tree and stuff, so I'm not sure if it's in OFF or sleep mode, will try to figure it out by turning the device off in the menu

EDIT
Got it, the tree screen means the reader is off while sleep/standby shows some grass leaves and butterflies

Last edited by yayo; 11-28-2012 at 08:21 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #78
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarsten View Post

So, the "8GB" model seems to be the same as the "4GB" one with just different microsd cards.
Yup, a quick check on the PC confirms that. And about the battery power indicator there is one but I had to put reading glasses on to spot it
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #79
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarsten View Post
My Firefly 8GB arrived yesterday. It has 4 GB internal memory and comes with a 4 GB microsd and a 16 GB microsd, but only one microsd slot. Certainly not what i expected when i ordered a "ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY 8GB +16GB MicroSD". While looking for what might have gone wrong i found the text "Flash-Speicher eMMC 8GB (4GB on Board + 4GB microSD)" in the german version of the datasheet, the english text does not have the part in brackets.

So, the "8GB" model seems to be the same as the "4GB" one with just different microsd cards.
Not much point waiting for the 8 GB version to come back in stock then.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #80
cdvdtux
cdvdtux has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Firefly and Kindle Touch
My Firefly was arrived today too.
Don't know why they call it 8 GB model.
Why so modest? Mine is 24 GB version.

Did you guys receive additional battery?
Or you just forgot to mention it?
I ask because I get one.

This gadget is way more better then my (not so old) Kindle Touch.
cdvdtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #81
yayo
Groupie

Yup, I got the extra battery too. I'm not really disappointed because of the different specs (I'm not an ebook hoarder) , yet it would have been nice to be informed in advance about the missing 4gb of memory. Looks like the 8gb model is only available in the CSI at present (i62 Nemo). Anyways I like the Firefly, my biggest gripe is that you can't zoom the dictionary, and the letters on the keyboard are sooo tiny but oh well... "
Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #82
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Does the Firefly, comes with Linux or Android?
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #83
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Should we start threads for Firefly tips, tricks and apps and one for firmware requests and info + download latest firmware?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #84
yayo
Groupie

Yes we should
Old 11-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #85
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The user guide which comes as part of the firmware (hard baked and undeletable) refers to a definitely other Onyx interface than mine. E.g. I don't have (and miss!!!) the music icon and interface. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #86
cdvdtux

When you point and hold finger anywhere on the touch screen then additional panel popup and at the bottom of it you should notice pictogram in the form of the speaker.
(And not in the form of headphones like the manual said.)
Maybe you must download some mp3 at first.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #87
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Can you make handwritten notes with this tool? Or just navigating your ebook reader? Is that "pen" durable? Thanks!
I hadn't considered that question, but just tried it.
Sorry... navigating is easier with this stylus than with my finger, but writing is impossible. When trying to scribble, I only get straight lines connecting the edge of the screen with the place where I touched the screen...
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #88
gjergji
gjergji began at the beginning.

Device: none
any impressions on the screen light color (yellow, white, blueish) and uniformity?
gjergji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #89
cdvdtux

For what I can see:
Color - White.
Uniformity - excelent. Maybe fraction of milimeters at the top is brighter. Not disturbing at all. Clearly better then Amazon Paperwhite.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #90
adbosch
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvdtux View Post
When you point and hold finger anywhere on the touch screen then additional panel popup and at the bottom of it you should notice pictogram in the form of the speaker.
(And not in the form of headphones like the manual said.)
Maybe you must download some mp3 at first.
Thanks. Unlogical I think. There is a second screen in the main menu with only one icon for apps. Instead this screen could show music, pictures and each app hidden behind the apps icon. Oh well, perhaps they will change this.