Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #31
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It already made its return with KOA1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I keep forgetting when the hell they dropped it then, don't I? ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It was on the Voyage, but not on the Oasis 1 (the one with the charging cover). It returned with the Oasis 2.
I meant KOA2 has it. KOA1 apparently did not, which I recently learned and remembered, then typed the wrong number anyway.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #32
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
Mine just arrived! And... it’s beautiful. Wish it was a little bit different, like, even a little bit but I knew that going in. The amber light is a beautiful colour, much unlike my Kobo Aura One’s horrific orange mode. It looks very similar to Apples night mode.
Something about Amazons devices just feel so premium and this one is no exception. Excited to put it in my merlot leather cover. So luxe! Now to transfer all my books over!
Happy reading freaks n geeks :-)

Edit: another thing I’ve noticed is that the buttons feel a little... springier.... though that might be just because it’s a new device?
Also: the contrast is definitely better than on the KO2, page turning is faster, and the pages seem a little ‘whiter’ too!

Last edited by cerem0ny; 07-23-2019 at 08:52 PM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2019, 08:32 PM   #33
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Mine just arrived! And... it’s beautiful. Wish it was a little bit different, like, even a little bit but I knew that going in. The amber light is a beautiful colour, much unlike my Kobo Aura One’s horrific orange mode. It looks very similar to Apples night mode.
Something about Amazons devices just feel so premium and this one is no exception. Excited to put it in my merlot leather cover. So luxe! Now to transfer all my books over!
Happy reasing freaks n geeks :-)

Edit: another thing I’ve noticed is that the buttons feel a little... springier.... though that might be just because it’s a new device?
Which firmware version did it come with?
Old 07-23-2019, 08:39 PM   #34
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Which firmware version did it come with?
Old 07-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #35
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Happy reasing freaks n geeks :-)

Also: the contrast is definitely better than on the KO2, page turning is faster, and the pages seem a little ‘whiter’ too!
Can you feel the small weight difference?
Any chance for the warm light image?

And enjoy your new kindle!
avivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks! Has it updated yet?

If not, and you plan to let it automatically update, are you willing to create the folder update.bin.tmp.partial in the top level of the Kindle storage as described in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564

Indications are that it is likely that Kindles running 5.12.x will delete that folder, which has been used for years to block over the air updates.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #37
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Thanks! Has it updated yet?

If not, and you plan to let it automatically update, are you willing to create the folder update.bin.tmp.partial in the top level of the Kindle storage as described in the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564

Indications are that it is likely that Kindles running 5.12.x will delete that folder, which has been used for years to block over the air updates.
Nope, it’s still indexing AFAIK. I’m not really into jail breaking and tinkering around with the Kindles. Apart from getting the .kfx books. I enjoy experiencing the intended Amazon experience haha
Old 07-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #38
Kate79
Kate79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I broke down and finally ordered one. I’ve gotten one every time a new oasis comes out. I used it every single day almost as much as I use my cell phone. Mine won’t be delivered until July 30th since I ordered around the first of July.
Kate79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #39
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivs View Post
Can you feel the small weight difference?
Any chance for the warm light image?

And enjoy your new kindle!
No discernible weight difference to me at all. As for the image, here’s a video which to me is a perfect representation of the colour and function...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80wW2gIc95I
Old 07-23-2019, 11:30 PM   #40
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
No discernible weight difference to me at all.
How does the weight and balance feel compared to the Voyage?

I know that technically the O3 is heavier than the Voyage, but I'm wondering if the ergonomics makes it feel comparable or even lighter.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:52 PM   #41
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Happy reading freaks n geeks :-)

Congratulations on being the first in the forum to receive an O3. Is your old O2 cover one of the original thin magnetic ones? If so, does it stick to the O3? Someone in the forum reported earlier that Amazon may have removed the holding magnets in the O3, and that the old thin style covers might not hold. If you have one, it would be nice to know. Thanks
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 AM   #42
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Congratulations on being the first in the forum to receive an O3. Is your old O2 cover one of the original thin magnetic ones? If so, does it stick to the O3? Someone in the forum reported earlier that Amazon may have removed the holding magnets in the O3, and that the old thin style covers might not hold. If you have one, it would be nice to know. Thanks
Thank you! I would like to thank my Mum, my Dad, my agent, God...

Don’t have that strange half cover. Only have the new one, in Merlot. So sorry i can’t help.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:51 AM   #43
avivs
avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avivs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A new article with pictures:

https://www.pickr.com.au/reviews/201...r-on-the-eyes/
Old 07-24-2019, 02:30 AM   #44
avivs

I haven't had a new Kindle in a few years.
Do you guys know what is the recommended behavior with the new battery?
So it won't drain in three days...
Old 07-24-2019, 02:51 AM   #45
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivs View Post
I haven't had a new Kindle in a few years.
Do you guys know what is the recommended behavior with the new battery?
So it won't drain in three days...
I have a feeling the battery is just as poor, if not poorer, than the ko2.