Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 11:58 AM   #166
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
The February book is up.

Witchmark by C. L. Polk
Quote:
In an original world reminiscent of Edwardian England in the shadow of a World War, cabals of noble families use their unique magical gifts to control the fates of nations, while one young man seeks only to live a life of his own.

Magic marked Miles Singer for suffering the day he was born, doomed either to be enslaved to his family’s interest or to be committed to a witches’ asylum. He went to war to escape his destiny and came home a different man, but he couldn’t leave his past behind. The war between Aeland and Laneer leaves men changed, strangers to their friends and family, but even after faking his own death and reinventing himself as a doctor at a cash-strapped veterans’ hospital, Miles can’t hide what he truly is.

When a fatally poisoned patient exposes Miles’ healing gift and his witchmark, he must put his anonymity and freedom at risk to investigate his patient’s murder. To find the truth he’ll need to rely on the family he despises, and on the kindness of the most gorgeous man he’s ever seen.
Get it before the end of the day Friday Feb 15 (Eastern Time).

https://www.tor.com/2019/02/12/downl...ruary-16-2019/
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #167
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
The February book is up.

Witchmark by C. L. Polk

Thanks, this link goes straight to the download page. Although, in typical Tor fashion, they can't make it simple. Entering my e-mail address resulted in an e-mailed link, which was basically the same URL with a very short addition. Then that new page required me to enter my e-mail address again, and after all those steps finally gave me the download links.

I know I'm cynical, but stuff like that gives me the impression Tor really doesn't want anyone to download these free ebooks.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #168
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I know I'm cynical, but stuff like that gives me the impression Tor really doesn't want anyone to download these free ebooks.
I'm cynical too, but I think they don't want people to share non-specific links with people not on their subscription lists. They want those email addresses to pester nag encourage people to buy more of their products.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #169
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
If you're on the mailing list already, the process is quite simple. Click on the link in your email. The page you're on will allow you to either a) sign up or b) confirm your email if you've already signed up. Once you confirm, you get to the page with the link.

Considering what Tor charges for their ebooks I find the reward is worth the effort.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #170
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
The February book is up.

Witchmark by C. L. Polk

Thanks

...but what a pain to download. Confirm my email, go to my email, open the sent email, click on the link, confirm my email, download the book.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #171
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
If you're on the mailing list already, the process is quite simple. Click on the link in your email. The page you're on will allow you to either a) sign up or b) confirm your email if you've already signed up. Once you confirm, you get to the page with the link.
Unfortunately, that process doesn't always work. Last month, all I had to do was confirm my email and I was taken directly to the download page. Not so this month. Tor wanted me to jump through the hoops this time before cutting loose with the book.

But hey, it's free and I'm grateful for that
Old 02-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #172
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
No hoops for me. Confirm email, download book.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #173
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
It varies for me too. Some months direct to download page. Some months multiple email entry/steps. But I agree - free is free, and either way it's less work than it takes to make the money to pay the bill if I buy it...

(Actually, I'm not totally sure of that, since my work is not too bad, and fighting with data entry on websites is a pain, but WTH, you get the point )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Unfortunately, that process doesn't always work. Last month, all I had to do was confirm my email and I was taken directly to the download page. Not so this month. Tor wanted me to jump through the hoops this time before cutting loose with the book.

But hey, it's free and I'm grateful for that
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #174
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had to verify my email after clicking the link in the email. But then again, it is worth it for a free Tor eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #175
ludovicus
ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ludovicus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5, Fire HD 10, Sony PRS-T1
ETA: Just saw this was already listed in the Science Fiction thread...

This month's book is up:

THE COLLAPSING EMPIRE
(The Interdependency, Book 1)
by John Scalzi

Winner of the 2018 Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel

Finalist for the 2018 Best Novel Hugo Award

https://ebookclub.tor.com

Last edited by ludovicus; 03-12-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Cross-posted...
ludovicus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #176
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Tor.com -- eBook of the Month -- exp 19 Apr @ 11:59 PM ET
  • FREE -- Walkaway -- Cory Doctorow -- 384 pg -- sci-fi thriller
Quote:
After watching the breakdown of modern society, Hubert, Etc. really has nowhere left to be—except amongst the dregs of disaffected youth who party all night and heap scorn on the sheep they see on the morning commute. After falling in with Natalie, an ultra-rich heiress trying to escape the clutches of her repressive father, the two decide to give up fully on formal society—and walk away.

Fascinating, moving, and darkly humorous, Walkaway is a multi-generation SF thriller about the wrenching changes of the next hundred years…and the very human people who will live their consequences.

Download before 11:59 PM ET, April 19th, 2019
Old 04-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #177
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thanks, Monkey!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #178
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Celebrating Pride, the free Tor ebook this month is an omnibus of four Sci-Fi novellas "featuring LGBTQ+ characters and reflections of queer identity by queer authors."

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 06-05-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #179
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Tor.com -- eBook of the Month -- exp 28 Jun @ 11:59 PM ET
Quote:
Every time Molly Southbourne bleeds a murderer is born, identical to her in every way and intent on her destruction.

Each month, the Tor.com eBook Club gives away one (or two, or five in this case of June!) free sci-fi/fantasy ebook to club subscribers. For June 2019, the Ebook Club pick is Tade Thompson’s horror novella The Murders of Molly Southbourne!

Experience the horror of Tade Thompson’s The Murders of Molly Southbourne, a finalist for the 2017 BSFA Award, the 2017 Shirley Jackson Award, and winner of the 2018 Nommo Award for Best Novella.

The Murders of Molly Southbourne is available from June 25, 12:01 AM ET to June 28, 11:59 PM ET
Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #180
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Thanks, Monkey! Again, Tor is offering this book free in support of the release of book 2 in the series, The Survival Of Molly Southbourne, on July 9th.