Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
pete6055
Connoisseur
pete6055 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Adding A Button In Sigil?

How is it done?

I miss the normal paragraph button in 9.16. Don't ask me why--I know Ctrl-7 is just as easy.

Please point me in the right direction. Psychological help has been frequently suggested
pete6055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Can't done on the fly.

You'd have to configure a Sigil development environment, edit the C++ source code and recompile. The instructions/requirements are in the docs folder of the source code.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-28-2019 at 03:57 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6055 View Post
How is it done?
You can define your own clip bar buttons:

1. Right-click the toolbar and check Clip Bar, if it isn't already checked.
2. Select Tools > Clip Editor.
3. Highlight the topmost entry and click Add Entry.
4. Enter <p> in the Name field and <p>\1</p> in the Text field.
5. Click the up arrow button to move the new clip to the top.
6. Click Save.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Or there's that.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #5
pete6055
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can define your own clip bar buttons:

1. Right-click the toolbar and check Clip Bar, if it isn't already checked.
2. Select Tools > Clip Editor.
3. Highlight the topmost entry and click Add Entry.
4. Enter <p> in the Name field and <p>\1</p> in the Text field.
5. Click the up arrow button to move the new clip to the top.
6. Click Save.
Doitsu,

Thanks, but I'm missing something. Can I store <p>\1</p> in a button or will it only paste from the clip editor? If the latter, Ctrl-7 is easier to apply to a line of plain text. Sure would be nice to have drag and drop on the tool bar, though.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:56 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6055 View Post
Thanks, but I'm missing something. Can I store <p>\1</p> in a button or will it only paste from the clip editor? If the latter, Ctrl-7 is easier to apply to a line of plain text. Sure would be nice to have drag and drop on the tool bar, though.
If you follow my instructions there'll be a <p> clip in the Clip Bar that you can click. I.e., you won't have to apply it from the Clip Editior.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
pete6055
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you follow my instructions there'll be a <p> clip in the Clip Bar that you can click. I.e., you won't have to apply it from the Clip Editior.
Done! For some reason, the first time I followed your instructions the new entry did not add to the clip bar, so I deleted it in the clip editor and added it again.
Thanks, I now have a ¶ button. Case closed.