Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
lumpynose
Guru
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
how do mere mortals install fonts?

The instructions I found say to copy the font files to \system\fonts but when I connect the PocketBook to my Windows PC there is no system folder when I use the Windows File Explorer (the usual gui thing).

So I had a brainstorm and opened a command prompt and walla, I can cd into that directory. And copy the font files into it. But how would ordinary people figure this out?
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
The instructions I found say to copy the font files to \system\fonts but when I connect the PocketBook to my Windows PC there is no system folder when I use the Windows File Explorer (the usual gui thing).

So I had a brainstorm and opened a command prompt and walla, I can cd into that directory. And copy the font files into it. But how would ordinary people figure this out?
This problem is covered in their FAQ. Since it's more of a Windows problem than a device problem, that's probably the best they can do.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
lumpynose
Guru
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
This problem is covered in their FAQ. Since it's more of a Windows problem than a device problem, that's probably the best they can do.
Ok, thanks. I didn't see the FAQ; where is it?
Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840
It looks like they are messing with the website. The FAQ for the Inkpad3 didn't have much in it, but the one for the Inkpad 1 covers the missing system folder: https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ketbook-inkpad
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:16 PM   #5
lumpynose
Guru

Thanks. I should have thought of the setting for having hidden folders not shown in Windows.