Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
radualexandru
radualexandru began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
kindle DX stuck in DIAGS mode

Hello,

I have a kindle DXG, with the firmware 2.5.8. I have tried to enable DIAGS mode and I am stuck with a message on the screen so I cannot use my kindle anymore. (see photo in the link)
It says press X to exit, but it just restarts and comes back to the same. It is a Demo Unit Only, but the guy that gave it to me said it should behave as a normal DX. Before this problem it was restored to factory defaults (does this mean it came back to demo mode?)
I have searched for solutions in the forum but with no success. (Is it possible to do a hard reset to factory defaults, maybe?)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7s...vRDlLaFdR/view

Some help, please... Thank you!
radualexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:21 AM   #2
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
What happen if you do this?
Slide the power button to the right and hold it for about 15 seconds and then release it. Immediately press and hold home button. Do you able to enter Reset mode by doing that?
If so, then copy the latest firmware to the Kindle and then press "R 4" after to reboot. It should reinstall the firmware.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
radualexandru
radualexandru began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
!!!! (minions dancing all around) !!!!
It worked!!!
For those who will try this, I guess it is important that the kindle be fully charged.

Thanks a lot, man!
radualexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:12 AM   #4
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Good to know that it works!

Is your Kindle DX still registered to Amazon and able to download books from Kindle store? If so maybe you can help to build a patch for Kindle Gen 2 registration problem. Here is the link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319505

We need info from owners of Kindle Gen 2 that still 100% registered to Amazon (confirmed by being able, for example, download 'try sample' book from the Kindle store). We need info about what is inside these directories in their Kindle:

Quote:
/var/local/java/prefs/acsr
and

Quote:
/var/local/java/prefs/certs
We believe that Amazon store some information in these directories to establish the connection to their server, but these are missing once factory reset initiated and currently their server did not return the backup information.

You can access these directories by using USBNetwork Hack similar to the process that you can read here:
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2595...c_display.html

Thanks, man! Cheers
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote