Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-15-2023, 05:48 PM   #43531
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
I'm transferring my Calibre library to the SD card in my Fire 10. It's slow-going since it's a lot of books. 15k! Eventually I'll have my physical books cataloged along with my e-books I had it copied once before, but I needed to reformat the SD card to use it in the Fire. Annoying, but the previous tablet was getting old (it was android 7) with the battery also not lasting as long as it used to.
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 02:43 AM   #43532
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Waiting for it to be time to leave for the creative fair. I've got a long shopping list and I'm taking my big backpack and some extra folding shopping bags. Even though cross stitch and jewelry making supplies aren't nearly as big and as heavy and paper crafting supplies, you never know what you're going to find during those fairs.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 10:31 AM   #43533
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Trying to figure out--yes, I know this is daft--what I really owe the IRS this year.

My accountant is convinced that a payment I sent the bloodsuckers last August is an advance payment for this year. I don't believe it is; I think it's a payment for LAST year and of all the cursed things, my bank's online site is wonky for the last 5 days.

URGH, trying to decide if I should take the "safe" route and send them what I believe would be the total amount, without the alleged advanced payment, or take his advice and send them a few thou, which would be the total amount less the prepayment of last year.

Sigh. Why didn't I document that payment better, dammit?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 11:06 AM   #43534
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm (being) bored (right now). Somebody write something interesting.

Hitch
Old 04-16-2023, 12:02 PM   #43535
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
About to make some chili.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 12:04 PM   #43536
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
About to make some chili.
LOL, we made some two nights ago. One of the very few things that isn't totally "from scratch" here; we're Carroll Shelby enthusiasts. Remember his (wife's) chili from a hundred million years ago!

Hitch
Old 04-16-2023, 12:17 PM   #43537
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
LOL, we made some two nights ago. One of the very few things that isn't totally "from scratch" here; we're Carroll Shelby enthusiasts. Remember his (wife's) chili from a hundred million years ago!

Hitch
Now Hitch, a Texan is not worth his scratch without his/her own personal chili recipe. I've been making mine for over 50 years. (Got to go stir right now.)
Old 04-16-2023, 12:49 PM   #43538
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Now Hitch, a Texan is not worth his scratch without his/her own personal chili recipe. I've been making mine for over 50 years. (Got to go stir right now.)
Well, you have a New Mexican (Mr. H) and myself here (Arizonan for...gosh, over 40 years) and truth be told, the Carrol Shelby's is still the best I've ever eaten. I hate to admit it--there are exceedingly few (boxed/canned/whatever) things I would say are better than what we can make, or even buy at a restaurant, but the Shelby's--it's really good. I've eaten a LOTTA LOTTA chili at a lotta, lotta cookoffs, etc., and...I'll still stand by the Shelby's.

But, natch, I'm sure yours is delish.

Hitch
Old 04-16-2023, 01:18 PM   #43539
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hopefully, no one in this thread puts beans in their chili.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 01:30 PM   #43540
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I'm perpetually low-carbing to keep my aging frame from ballooning, so I have to resort to cauliflower rice with my chili. Have I offended any die-hard chili lovers?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 01:52 PM   #43541
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hopefully, no one in this thread puts beans in their chili.
Not this cowboy. Beans are for chalupas!
Old 04-16-2023, 01:52 PM   #43542
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, you have a New Mexican (Mr. H) and myself here (Arizonan for...gosh, over 40 years) and truth be told, the Carrol Shelby's is still the best I've ever eaten. I hate to admit it--there are exceedingly few (boxed/canned/whatever) things I would say are better than what we can make, or even buy at a restaurant, but the Shelby's--it's really good. I've eaten a LOTTA LOTTA chili at a lotta, lotta cookoffs, etc., and...I'll still stand by the Shelby's.

But, natch, I'm sure yours is delish.

Hitch
Carrol Shelby was another Texan.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:20 PM   #43543
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Carrol Shelby was another Texan.
And a great racer and designer of autos. The Cobra should live forever.

Hitch
Old 04-16-2023, 11:15 PM   #43544
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
I'm perpetually low-carbing to keep my aging frame from ballooning, so I have to resort to cauliflower rice with my chili. Have I offended any die-hard chili lovers?
Do you serve the chili over the cauliflower rice or do you cook the cauliflower rice in the chili? The first is acceptable to me, the second suggests that you would be best used as an ingredient for the chili recipe from To Serve Man.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 11:46 PM   #43545
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Chili served over the cauli-rice... from a distance it looks like actual rice!
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?