Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Spring Design Alex

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
New update in sight

Feedback from Spring Design's support:
"We have solved the issue related to covers.
In order to put Dictionary back and some other issues, we are going to release a new update soon."
Considering their responsiveness and reliability so far, I consider them a valid source.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Great! Now that I know I have to keep the LCD active for at least 30 minutes I might be able to get this one without a call to Customer Service and/or a factory reset.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Feedback from Spring Design's support:
"We have solved the issue related to covers.
In order to put Dictionary back and some other issues, we are going to release a new update soon."
Considering their responsiveness and reliability so far, I consider them a valid source.
Did anyone get a firmware update since May?
I'm still "stuck" with the "no dictionary" one.
4 months ago, customer support did promise a new update "soon"...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I left my wifi on for a week or so back in July and again in August because somebody mentioned in another forum that they'd been talking to Spring Design support and a firmware update was coming for the Alex "soon". I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm busy playing with the Sony 350. I really want a Pearl screen Alex, but if such a beast never appears the new Sony readers are a pretty good substitute.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote