Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
pre-orders and May

The publishing world has certain months that are big release months. May and late September/early October seem to be the big ones, while a lot come out in July.

I've got 5 pre-orders coming out in the first two weeks of May, 4 more in July and 3 more in the late September/early October range.

In general, favored authors or books on subjects that I'm particularly interested in tend to get pre-ordered as soon as I see them. Some books get pre-ordered more than a year in advance.

The flip side is that not all authors and publishers are good at pushing out notices of new books coming out. For me, this can lead to authors being forgotten, especially if they are a year plus between books. Another situation are authors who are taking a break between books, especially when that break stretches out for a few years, think Jim Butcher and Patrick Rothfuss. I have a number of authors who seem to be in a less drastic version of this than Butcher and Rothfuss. Hopefully, their muse will visit them all and the books will start flowing again.

(side note, a lot of my favorite authors are involved with movie or mini-series versions of their books. Disney has a movie version of Artemis Fowl coming out this year and Rothfuss has a mini-series with Showtime coming out)
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I have only 3 pre-orders for May, but 7 for June, 3 for July, 2 for August and only one for September. Of course those numbers can change yet, I'm not really in the habit of keeping track of future releases. When I notice something coming out in the future that interests me, I pre-order, but it's pretty chaotic for me.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert