Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #46
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
5.9.6? Are you sure?

Kudos if you did succeed!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #47
cobrax3
Connoisseur
cobrax3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
594, you are right
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 12:34 AM   #48
cobrax3
Connoisseur

ok, the saga continues lol
can't install anything over usb, the update button is disabled, greyed out
@knc1, when you said that i can flash any firmware, it would have been nice to mention that with 5.9.x most things just don't work. i could've flashed a 5.8.x
ok, whats done is done
what can i do now?
thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 12:56 AM   #49
cobrax3
Connoisseur

i'm going crazy over here
what can i do now to get out of this greye out update button?
if i reattach the serial interface, what are the exact steps i should do to have a functioning firmware downgraded device? what should i flash?
now i am on 5.9.4. i dont know if i am jailbroken or not, nothing installs. is there a way to test if i am jailbroken withou reconnecting the serial?
thanks!
Old 02-18-2018, 01:48 AM   #50
cobrax3
Connoisseur

reinstalled serial
still no clue what to do
how can one install an update.bin from serial directly?

Last edited by cobrax3; 02-18-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 05:31 AM   #51
cobrax3
Connoisseur

giving up...
the information is too scarce and too wide spread around the forum, if there is any...
i can't even find out if i am jailbroken or not
thanks for the bits to those who tried in their own way to help me
Old 02-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #52
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Did you see the Jail Broken document?

Quote:
If the 'Jail Broken' document is not on your Kindle in the /documents folder after the completion of this step, then the certificate is not on it either!
If this happens to you, stop here and post about the problem, there is no reason to continue if the JB is now missing.
If not, it seems like your device has NOT been jailbroken but upgraded to 5.9.4...

To see the positive side, at least your device works and is not bricked. But it's gonna be harder to downgrade it now.

Last edited by datanoise; 02-18-2018 at 06:01 AM.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:48 AM   #53
cobrax3
Connoisseur

no i didn't. but i have the ,pem in the right folder. doesnt that mean that i am?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrax3 View Post
no i didn't. but i have the ,pem in the right folder. doesnt that mean that i am?
It does if it is still there.
It gets overwritten when the device is updated.

How did you put the *.pem file on the system?
Did you use one of our scripts? (which does additional things, like drop the jail broken document)
Did you follow that up by installing the bridge code?

Note: The information IS NOT scattered around the forum.
The serial jailbreak thread you where sent to is complete in and of itself.

It is just that you keep jumping around all over the forum, trying to ad-lib your own version of the process by mixing in whatever you read somewhere other than what you were told to read and follow.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #55
cobrax3
Connoisseur

i think it got there with the jb.sh
i have no idea about the bridge. there are in the folder mkk i think those other files like gandalf, Update_jb_$(cd mnt && cd us && sh jb.sh).bin etc
but i dont know if they are doing anything
there isnt really a way for me to check?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:26 AM   #56
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i think it got there with the jb.sh
i have no idea about the bridge. there are in the folder mkk i think those other files like gandalf, Update_jb_$(cd mnt && cd us && sh jb.sh).bin etc
but i dont know if they are doing anything
there isnt really a way for me to check?
Have you tried to install the "test dummy" package attached to the first post of the (software) jail break?
With what results?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #57
cobrax3
Connoisseur

i've closed it up.
i have no mrpackages folder
Old 02-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
i've closed it up.
i have no mrpackages folder
So install MrPI.
It is described in a step in the directions.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #59
cobrax3
Connoisseur

i can't install mrpi because i dont have kual. and i cant install ANYTHING (such as kual) anymore, because the update button in the menu is disabled/greyed out.
if i put a bin in the root folder and reboot, it just gets erased, nothing installs
Old 02-18-2018, 03:36 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
i can't install mrpi because i dont have kual. and i cant install ANYTHING (such as kual) anymore, because the update button in the menu is disabled/greyed out.
if i put a bin in the root folder and reboot, it just gets erased, nothing installs
And what do the instructions tell you to do about that situation?
I really, really, really did write what to do about installing packages without KUAL.
Really.

But I will not read it for you, and then type it here for you not to read again.

Maybe someone else will read the directions to you.
Maybe.

Otherwise, give up on this whole idea of jail breaking your Kindle.