Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #886
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Can someone tell me how to hold this thing? Feels like the top button is too high to press while holding and the bottom button is too low to press while holding.
I hold the Libra 2 with my right hand. With my thumb up, I can easily press the top button if I want. The bottom button is not so easy to press as I have to sort of bend my thumb down to press it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 07:45 PM   #887
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Can someone tell me how to hold this thing? Feels like the top button is too high to press while holding and the bottom button is too low to press while holding.
Kobo gives you very clear images on how to hold the Libra 2. What is so confusing?

ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:03 PM   #888
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I'm thinking they got a Sage. I can not imagine any way of holding the Libra 2 logically which would make it line up with the complaint.

The two buttons are so close together that if one is too high the other can't be THAT low. The Sage on the other hand I can sort of see the complaint, the buttons are spread a bit more and depending how far you can stretch your thumb it's possible to hold it and have the upper button feel too high and the lower too low. Though even then it's hardly the only, or even the most sensible, way of holding the Sage.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 11:24 AM   #889
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Right single-handed holding

I set the 'forward' button to the top. I slightly flip the fully open sleep cover, so my fingers are there and slightly gripped.

Now, my thumb works the upper (forward) button without having to move my hand position.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:16 PM   #890
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What the hell!

Last week my sister mailed me these items: a white Libra 2; a red Libra 2 official cover; a cover for my completely functional Kobo Aura One; and a book of poems titled 'Our Numbered Days', by Neil Hilborn. And the damn box arrived today - in less than a week.

I live in Peru, of all places.

I feel like I've fallen into an old episode of Twilight Zone.

ALMOST FORGOT: I'm very much enjoying my new Kobo Libra 2. So far, I'm having no issues with the firmware.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-24-2022 at 12:41 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:45 AM   #891
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Great!
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:22 PM   #892
Villain
Enthusiast
Villain began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
Just got the Libra 2 in the mail.

It's very much like the Libra H2O. Just holding it alone I can't tell the weight difference. They are very close in size, it's not something I noticed until I tried to put the Libra 2 into the Libra H2O case; it doesn't fit.

I like the new placement of the buttons. They are off to the side, out of the way of my thumb, which makes it easier to hold.

My front lighting is even and solid. Looking at the two side by side it's difficult to tell which is which. They look so very similar. Which is to say they are very nicely lit, and easy to read. The page turn does feel faster.

Of the two side by side, the left is the Libra 2, and the right is the Libra H2O.

oh, one more thing... it has an SD Card on the inside.
Hi. I've been looking for Kobo Libra 2 inside images. Could you show me which part of it is the frontlight unit and which cable I should disconnect to get rid of the frontlight completely? It can do it from the device settings and I want to get rid of it once and for all. I'd be very grateful.
EwaS
Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:19 AM   #893
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Most ereaders have the LEDs on the main PCB, so there is likely no cable to unplug.

1) My Libra 2 light turns off
2) Go: More-> Settings -> Reading Settings. Page 2:untick "Swipe left edge to adjust brightness"
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:49 AM   #894
Villain
Enthusiast
Villain began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Most ereaders have the LEDs on the main PCB, so there is likely no cable to unplug.

1) My Libra 2 light turns off
2) Go: More-> Settings -> Reading Settings. Page 2:untick "Swipe left edge to adjust brightness"
Thanks.
And it won't turn on by itself, like, on startup or at certain hours when it gets dark. If you turn it off, it stays off until you decide to turn it back
One more question: When the front light is off, is it off completely? Because in some readers swiping down to zero still leaves about 1-2% of the frontlight on.

I can't check the settings because I haven't bought it yet. First I need to make sure I can turn the light off 100% (due to medical issues).
Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:03 PM   #895
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Kindle PW3 doesn't turn off completely.
All the Kobos I've had or have do turn off completely and stay off, except at certain kinds of factory reset that ask you to register (regular power off / on has no effect).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote