Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 04-13-2024, 12:48 PM   #1
wobcounter
wobcounter began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Page 2
Tolino Page 2 After 16.2.0 Update

Hello :-)

I've been looking for a solution to my problem for over 2 hours now. I tried to update my Tolino to the new firmware. Since then, it only starts up to the Tolino lettering. I tried to reset it in the Recover menu, but an error message appears: Update Failed Status 7. My PC no longer recognizes it when I connect it. I opened it and manually copied the update package to the SD card. Then restarted, but it only starts again up to the Tolino lettering. Unfortunately, I no longer have any guarantee and customer service only pointed me to the website where I can download the update manually. I don't know what I can do now. I found instructions on YouTube on how I can load stock firmware onto the SD card, but only from the Tolino shine 3. Are there other options or solutions so that I can get the Tolino to work again. I would be very happy about your help.
wobcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 01:28 AM   #2
f_coco
Enthusiast
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
Maybe you can try to flash a third party firmware posted in XDA forum which i think is much better then the original one.
And also you need a twrp img to flash 3rd party firmware or a offical recovery img to flash the offical firmware.
If you have ADB installed on you laptop or desktop, you may try the following steps to restore your offical firmware.
01. Download the latest offical firmware from tolino website.
02. There is a file called recovery.img inside the firmware package. Extract it and put it in the root dir of your C drive.
03. Connect your reader to your computer, turn it off and then press the power button for about 40 seconds. (This should put the reader into fastboot mode.)
04. Using the command: fastboot boot c:\recovery.img to boot the device into recovery mode.
05. you can select recovery system from the setttings. the system will restore a factory firmware automatically.
06. after all is done, restart the device. Your data will be erased during the restoration.
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert