Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Kobo Forma on Clearance Sale (again)

Kobo's Forma is showing a Clearance Sale price of #199.96 from Walmart.

(In another thread, one can see that the Clara is also on sale.)

Here's the link:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Form...ll&athena=true
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 3.41.52 PM.png
Views:	274
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	179143  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-08-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I don't think Walmart knows the difference between "sale" and "clearance." At least not when advertising the Kobos. At least they got some Formas back in.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2020, 08:16 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I want one. I still think it is kinda expensive for 8GB device. I probably should be content with my Nook 7.8 and Libra 7 h2o, My god I musr have a dozen ereaders plus apple and android tablets yet I want on elol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:55 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
My god I musr have a dozen ereaders plus apple and android tablets yet I want on elol
IKWYM...I have 5 readers and 1 on the way. Also 5 tablets that no one ever uses, and 2 that I occasionally use. I need to do something with all those old Fires.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So my question is this:

Does the back of the kobo Clara, from Walmart, have large garish lettering telling us that it's from Walmart?
Advert
Old 05-15-2020, 10:58 AM   #6
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
So my question is this:

Does the back of the kobo Clara, from Walmart, have large garish lettering telling us that it's from Walmart?
Do you mean physically on the case? Or as a screen background?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Do you mean physically on the case? Or as a screen background?
I meant physically on the back of the ebook reader - the rubberized back.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:52 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Just for you, I pried my Walmart Clara out of its case to check the back. It says Rakuten Kobo. There is no Walmart branding anywhere on the physical device.

I think some Mobilereaders know how to get rid of the Walmart brand on the sleep screen. I haven't messed with it. Most of the time if mine is asleep the cover is closed so I'm not seeing the sleep screen anyway.

FYI the back of the Clara does not feel rubberized. It's hard plastic with tiny pinhole-sized indentations
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Just for you, I pried my Walmart Clara out of its case to check the back. It says Rakuten Kobo. There is no Walmart branding anywhere on the physical device.

I think some Mobilereaders know how to get rid of the Walmart brand on the sleep screen. I haven't messed with it. Most of the time if mine is asleep the cover is closed so I'm not seeing the sleep screen anyway.

FYI the back of the Clara does not feel rubberized. It's hard plastic with tiny pinhole-sized indentations

Thank you for your reply.

I just assumed the Clara had the same kind of layer of rubberized back (against the plastic) as my Kobo Aura One, but with a different pattern of pinhole-sized indentations. Mine feels like rubber, but perhaps it isn't?
Old 05-16-2020, 09:33 AM   #10
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
No, the Clara is hard plastic all over. The back is the same material as the bezel, with the pattern of tiny pinholes added.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:32 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I'm thinking perhaps it's not quite as comfortable to hold as my Kobo Glo HD.

What are some opinions on this, keeping in mind what my drill sergeant once told me.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #12
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
The Clara is pretty lightweight so I don't find it difficult to hold without a cover, in spite of the somewhat slippery (IMO) back cover.

However, I for me the sleep/power button is not in a good location and requires holding the reader in one hand while using the thumb of the other hand to press the button. I keep the reader in a sleep cover so all I have to do is open or close the cover.

Edited to add that I a woman with small hands so of course someone with larger hands may have a different experience. My fingers and thumbs are skinny enough that the narrow bezels of the Clara are not a problem for me.

Last edited by 4691mls; 05-16-2020 at 06:07 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote