Violand
Violand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you BeckyEbook
Violand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:47 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Thank you Violand for reporting this issue, and thank you BeckEbook and Doitsu with help tracking this issue down.

I have just pushed a fix to master for this issue that will appear in the next release.

Until that happens, there are two workarounds:

A. Make sure you change your default metadata language preference to exactly match your the dc:language tag in your book. For many epub developers who work in just one language this will be the case anyway.

or

B. Add the actual book language to the html tag of each xhtml file using the xml:lang and/or lang attributes.

Point B above is in general a good idea since using the lang attributes in epub3 and xml:lang attributes in epub2 makes it easier for html screen based accessibility readers who may not have access to the opf's setting to get things right.

Even with this fix, there may still be other places where the default language is not set properly so please post any other multi-language spellcheck issues here.

Thanks!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2020, 10:05 AM   #18
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
One more information for people who are learning about Sigil's possibilities. This picture explains how the primary and secondary dictionaries work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	primary-and-secondary-dictionaries.png
Views:	170
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	183453  
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #19
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
I built the latest version of Sigil and I confirm it should be OK now.
I will try to do additional tests for different language and dictionary settings.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:38 AM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
I built the latest version of Sigil and I confirm it should be OK now.
I will try to do additional tests for different language and dictionary settings.
Advert
Old 11-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Thank you for your bug report. I have tracked this down and fixed it in Sigil master. This fix will appear in the next release (after this 1.4.1).

Quote:
Thanks...
Thanks, 1.4 is a very nice release.

I found a really minor glitch, though:

Some of my file names have a "+" in them. Sigil won't add the existing files and immediately exits the program. Once the files are renamed without the "+", Sigil works as expected. 1.3 and previous versions did not behave this way.

I'm running the 64-bit version on both Windows 10pro and Window10 standard.
I 'm Ok renaming my files so there is no need to execute an immediate fix.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-17-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #22
pete6055
Connoisseur
pete6055 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, Kevin!
pete6055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #23
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Archlinux package now updated to 1.4.1

Now that I read daemonblade's FreeBSD problem I realize, maybe qt5-svg should be a mandatory install-time dependency to guarantee Sigil can read its own icons.

It was previously not needed unless, I guess, you happened to have svg icons in your ebook which you wanted Sigil to be able to display.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I think any svg used inside an ebook should be handled by QtWebEngine's built in svg support it gets from its 3rd party chrome code. (I think). Support for svg icons used by Sigil's gui may need it but I thought there was a svg icon qt plugin that handled that.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
There is, and it's part of qt5's Svg component (and windeployqt/macdeployqt will include the plugin and therefore include the entire component since the imageformats plugin links to libQt5Svg).

Maybe when Sigil still used QtWebkit the svg files inside of a book depended on Qt Svg for the previewer? I don't know and I'm not willing to go back in time and check... It's not really important to the here and now.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #26
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I honestly think Qt is converting the app icons to pixmaps on-the-fly, so to speak. Not sure how it accomplishes that, or what components might be required for it to work.

For what it's worth though, Sigil DOES segfault on my Arch system whenever I rename libQt5Svg.so.5.15.1. I can't easily remove qt5-svg it to fully test since it's required by calibre, qt5ct and kvantum-qt5.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

QtSvg.framework is included by macdeployqt and as you said ..

cd PlugIns/iconengines/
otool -L libqsvgicon.dylib
libqsvgicon.dylib:
libqsvgicon.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
@rpath/QtSvg.framework/Versions/5/QtSvg (compatibility version 5.12.0, current version 5.12.9)

It is pulled in via the Qt Plugins/iconengines/libqsvgicon.dylib
Old 11-18-2020, 12:48 PM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We're good on Windows and Mac since we use the qt deploy tool to prepare the dependencies for the installers. It's on Linux where we might need to make libQt5Svg a requirement for installing. There's no similar (official) qt deployment tool on Linux to automatically pull in the necessary dependencies. They need to be configured at build time and/or included as install dependencies in the various repo packages if they're required. I'll do some experimenting.

In the meantime, if someone on Linux complains of no icons, having them install their software management system's equivalent of the qt5-svg package might be a good place to start.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #29
Monaghan
Enthusiast
Monaghan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello. Thanks for the update.

Just to report that I am still getting random crashes in the latest version of Sigil. Approximately once every 5-10 minutes on average. Still not using any clipboard manipulating apps nor launching from Calibre. The same action (e.g. using Find on the same search term) does not duplicate the crash.

The crashes also reset/remove my custom keyboard shortcuts.

Example Event Viewer log from just now:

Quote:
Faulting application name: Sigil.exe, version: 1.4.1.0, time stamp: 0x5fb2a11e
Faulting module name: Qt5Widgets.dll, version: 5.12.9.0, time stamp: 0x5ef79317
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000022fa0f
Faulting process ID: 0x6714
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6be629b5d5a4c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Sigil\Sigil.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Sigil\Qt5Widgets.dll
Report ID: d377103a-4ebb-4b69-969c-885bb49e4e6d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Edit I ran Process Monitor to get some more information. 7 Mb CSV log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei1vm70us1...gfile.CSV?dl=0

Last edited by Monaghan; 11-19-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Monaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The only thing that might give me pause in your Process Monitor log is the indication that the names of files or folder might be changing in Sigil's preferences folder.

C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil NOTIFY ENUM DIR Filter: FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_FILE_NAME, FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_DIR_NAME

It might be nothing more than temporary lock-files being created/removed, but I wouldn't know without creating some logs of my own to be sure it wasn't crash-related.

But clearly something is corrupting your Sigil ini files. Not being able to access them, or read their contents, would be the only reason your keyboard shortcuts would revert to the new-installation defaults. Have you tried exempting Sigil's program and preferences folders from any anti(virus|malware) realtime scanning?

I'm also wondering if you have corruption lingering in your ini files from Sigil's failed attempts to convert its ini files to utf-8 (Sigil versions 0.9.11 and 0.9.12)? Have you backed up your ini files, deleted them and started from scratch to see if that resolves the crashing? If so, you may need to recreate your custom keyboard shortcuts and saved searches manually--as copy/pasting data from your old ones might very well result in copying corrupted data right back in.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-19-2020 at 09:18 AM.