Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 AM   #61
jamestheredengin
jamestheredengin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
James: When you try another card, it is safe to use a larger card. The image is for a 2GB card, but if it is written to a larger card, you can expand the data partition to use the extra space.
Thanks for all your help David,

I tried everything and just couldnt get it to boot. The light cycle looked like it was doing the right thing, but nothing happened on the screen. I had a feeling from the beginning it was no power or information getting to the screen, so I pulled a few more screws, and there it was, cracked glass. Must have been pressed when it was in the front of my bags, (weird as it was in the case).

Anyhow going to get another one when I get some cash, and hopefully there is a sale on sometime soon and one of the retailers.

Cheers James
Old 02-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #62
cfgrs
cfgrs began at the beginning.

Hello,

My Kobo Glo seems permanently frozen, screen all glitchy and have tried every reset I can find and can't get the screen unfrozen. Thinking it's bricked, but does anyone have an image file to share so I can try my last resort?

Thank you kindly!
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:10 AM   #64
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfgrs View Post
My Kobo Glo seems permanently frozen, screen all glitchy and have tried every reset I can find and can't get the screen unfrozen. Thinking it's bricked, but does anyone have an image file to share so I can try my last resort?
Post a clear, high quality photo of the screen. From your description, odds are you have a broken glass substrate. and no amount of new images will fix that. Knowing now could save you some grief.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #65
Myr
Myr began at the beginning.

Could someone please PM me the link to the image?
I also have a broken SD card =/
Advert
Old 02-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Myr: PM sent.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #67
mip br
mip br began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
need sd image for kobo glo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I sent you a private message with the link to my image of the Kobo Glo.
Please need it too. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #68
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you also send me the link to the image please?
My device is broken after 3.2.0 update.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

arasyi: I have sent the link in a PM, but...

Have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? A failed upgrade doesn't usually break the factory reset mechanism.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #70
graypixel
graypixel began at the beginning.

I would be most grateful if someone would share the link with me as well. I've been sans-kobo for a few days..

In case this info helps anyone, I also lost my sd during the 3.2.0 update. It was OTA, and the Kobo was plugged into a USB charger. Tried 20-sec power off & on, pinhole restart, light-button-hold+long-poweron many times with no luck. I pulled the SD card, and it appears that the partition information is missing. Tried fdisk, gdisk, parted, gparted in linux -- all show unknown label or missing partition info. Same with diskutil on Mac and diskpart on Win (expected unknown on Win, though).

Oddly enough, I was able to recover data at the file level using a SD-specific 3rd party recovery utility on the mac, so data is still present in some form.

Thank you!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #71
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

graypixel: PM sent
Old 03-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #72
graypixel

davidfor: Thanks again for the image.

Update: Although Kobo is still not working, img was just what i needed for troubleshooting. wrote img to sd; inserted sd & turned on. kobo led worked now properly, but no display. Resets (both light button hold & paperclip hole button) have same results after new img (led blue/green/red etc lighting up as I'd expect), but still no display. Thanks to having the img, I can exclude that as the source of the problem.

My assumption is that the glo was on its way out, and perhaps something in the update was enough to push it over the edge. Or it could all be a coincidence or (sadly) planned obsolescence... I'll still work on it; if I do get a solution, I will post it.

My thanks again.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #73
graypixel

I tried a different sd card with the recovery image, and I have a working Kobo again.
Cheers!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 AM   #74
stevious
stevious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
My partner's Kobo Glo (model N613) seems to have frozen in the "Powered Off" (i.e. sleeping) state and doesn't seem to respond to resetting. When trying to bring it out of sleep, the LED turns blue for about 10 seconds, then goes out again. I'm thinking of yanking out the SD card and reflashing it. I was wondering if I could please get a copy of the firmware image? Many thanks!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #75
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Is the battery full?
Have you tried a "Sof reset"?

I hope it wake up again...
Closed Thread