Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-28-2020, 10:01 PM   #4906
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersW View Post
'The Vampire’s Templar' by TypeAxiom

I will also PM you the link. And stay safe out there.
In chapter 63, some one nested an excessive number of spoilers, which resulted in >512 nested tags (at least--that's what Firefox reports).

html5lib, basically by necessity, works by recursion and that page fails to parse with 'RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded'.

I hesitate to add code to aggressively discard all the comments before parsing the HTML because I didn't write this adapter, and don't read the site. So I'm not sure where all the notes, news, etc that can appear are when they do.

You can download the rest of that story by using chapter ranges to download 1-62 and 64- in separate parts, turn on continue_on_chapter_error, or exclude it with ignore_chapter_url_list:

Code:
## continue on and just report the error in the chapter text.
[https://www.scribblehub.com/series/137441/the-vampires-templar/]
continue_on_chapter_error:true

## pretend chapter 63 doesn't exist.
[https://www.scribblehub.com/series/137441/the-vampires-templar/]
ignore_chapter_url_list:
 https://www.scribblehub.com/read/137441-the-vampires-templar/chapter/157336/
If you can show other examples of the same thing, I will revisit it. Or if one of the other devs who have worked on adapter_scribblehubcom.py care to look at it. I suspect simply discarding everything after '</main>' would work.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #4907
runt
runt began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello,
I tried to search through the thread to see if someone had a similar issue but I can't see anything related.
I just started using FFF to get updates via email for AO3 subscriptions and it is not able to get the URLs. I have a separate account set up and the emails are going to the folder specified in FFF, the emails are marked as read after being checked but no url is found. I am also sending specific links via email to that folder and those are found as expected (sharing URL via email on iOS device).
I am in the process of setting up a new Mac so I don't have calibre configured yet to give the exact error.
Any ideas?
runt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #4908
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Device: i-pad
AO3 Error

It's been about 2 months since I last dowloaded anything from AO3 but I keep getting an ERROR (see screenshot) without any explanation. I've downloaded noumerous stories in the past without any (well minor) problems.

I've tried several different files but without succes.
I've been downloading from fanfiction.net just fine.

Is it just me having this problem? If yes, can anyone help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-11-29 185204.png
Views:	136
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	183675  
ackomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #4909
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it just that one story in specific?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:09 AM   #4910
ackomb
Zealot
ackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura aboutackomb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is it just that one story in specific?
No every single one, just wanted to show what I'm getting, wich isn't much.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:14 PM   #4911
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
## (Plugin Only) - You can also populate calibre custom columns with
## the site specific metadata using custom_columns_settings (but only
## if 'Allow custom_columns_settings from personal.ini' is checked in
## the plugin GUI config.)  There are three parts, the entry name,
## then the label of the calibre custom column, then (optionally) a
## 'mode'.  'r' to Replace any existing values, 'a' to Add to existing
## value (use with tag-like columns), and 'n' for setting on New books
## only.  (Default is 'r'.)
I'm guessing the answer is 'no,' but is there any trick for making a custom column setting only replace pre-existing values, instead of applying to new books?

I have #onkobo as a bool. 'Yes' means (current) version is on device, 'No' means that it needs to be synced, undefined means it's not on there at all. I just want the updates to set it to No, not have it set on every new fic.

EDIT: If not, I added a search & replace to my fanfic-cleanup action chain (run only on new fics) to null out the column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-03-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #4912
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runt View Post
I just started using FFF to get updates via email for AO3 subscriptions and it is not able to get the URLs. I have a separate account set up and the emails are going to the folder specified in FFF, the emails are marked as read after being checked but no url is found. I am also sending specific links via email to that folder and those are found as expected (sharing URL via email on iOS device).
Nothing comes to mind. Run Calibre in debug mode (under Preferences drop down) while you try it and post the log. UPDATE: I borrowed the wife's Mac to try it and getting AO3 link from subscription email worked fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackomb View Post
It's been about 2 months since I last dowloaded anything from AO3 but I keep getting an ERROR (see screenshot) without any explanation. I've downloaded noumerous stories in the past without any (well minor) problems.
Same as above, run debug, post log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I'm guessing the answer is 'no,' but is there any trick for making a custom column setting only replace pre-existing values, instead of applying to new books?

I have #onkobo as a bool. 'Yes' means (current) version is on device, 'No' means that it needs to be synced, undefined means it's not on there at all. I just want the updates to set it to No, not have it set on every new fic.
What you do to metadata makes my head hurt.

If you can get at least one other user to understand and agree that it's a useful idea, I'll add an 'e' mode to custom_columns_settings, which will be the opposite of 'n': only pre-existing books instead of only new.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-03-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Ran test on Mac
Old 12-04-2020, 01:06 AM   #4913
jxxtan
jxxtan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Two days ago, I updated to FanFicFare v3.25.0, and it stopped working for AO3. Every attempt gives me this error:

<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:727)>

The site works fine in my browser (Firefox is default, but I visited with IE per the FAQ), just not with FFF. If you can recommend a fix, I'd love to hear it. Or a way to go to the previously installed version, which still worked.

I have a Win7 machine, if that's at all relevant.
jxxtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #4914
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

jxxtan - Seems a bit random and probably not your issue, but check your computer's clock is set to the right time. SSL errors can crop up if it gets out of sync.

_ssl.c:727 seems to point to a Python problem though. Could be a Windows 7 compatibility thing, though I'm not sure.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-04-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:04 AM   #4915
jxxtan

The clock is right.

I don't know enough about programming or Python to debug, well, anything myself.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:53 AM   #4916
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

This came up earlier this year with regard to Win7. I never heard back from the user who reported it, but I also don't have any better solutions:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ed#post3977671
Old 12-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #4917
ackomb
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Nothing comes to mind. Run Calibre in debug mode (under Preferences drop down) while you try it and post the log. UPDATE: I borrowed the wife's Mac to try it and getting AO3 link from subscription email worked fine for me.

Same as above, run debug, post log.

What you do to metadata makes my head hurt.

If you can get at least one other user to understand and agree that it's a useful idea, I'll add an 'e' mode to custom_columns_settings, which will be the opposite of 'n': only pre-existing books instead of only new.
This may sound stupid, but I never used the debug mode before. Now that I have I also found the mistake. It was in my personal.ini file. I'd created some sort of loop that caused the error. But everything is in working order again.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:48 AM   #4918
jxxtan

So. One of the other 3 plugins I updated (besides FFF, of course), updated again. That install seems to have fixed FFF. Which is working again.

Still not sure what was wrong, but I'm happy it's fixed. Thanks for trying to help.
Old 12-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #4919
mrEd
mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.mrEd shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: none
Just noticed that some stories on storiesonline.net will return 410 for the index page when not logged in. One example is [REDACTED]

The quick and dirty fix is line 191 of adapter_storiesonlinenet.py, change:
Code:
        logger.debug("URL: "+url)
to:
Code:
        logger.debug("URL: "+url)
        self.performLogin(url)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-07-2020 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Remove NSFW URL
mrEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #4920
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Considering that story details also says "Error! Story not found..." and the story doesn't appear in the author's list of story, it looks to me like that story is broken on the site.

ADDED: BTW, FFF still fails from it not being in the author's list, even if you get passed the 410 code. I meant to say.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-07-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added detail

Tags
fanfiction