Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 06:59 PM   #1
fstop49
fstop49 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Reinstall of Calibre

Had a hard drive crash. All of my Libraries are backed up on another drive. I have reinstall Calibre on a new HD. What is the fasted way to get Claibre to import all of my Libraries. IO have never Exported these Libraries and I can't seem to get Calibre to read the directories I want my ebooks to reside in. It insists on creating a empty directory and will not recognize my existing libraries
I have over 10000 ebooks etc and 7 different libraries that were all working fine
thanks
fstop49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Did you export the files from calibre's GUI or did you simply do a file backup?

If you did an export from Export/import all calibre dara from the Library icon's drop down menu , then you can import them to calibre using the same tool.

If you did a file backup, copy/restore the files to your new hard drive and then use calibre's Switch/Create Library to add those libraries back to calibre. Run it from the Library icon's drop down menu, use the Use the previously existing library at the new location option, browse to the library location and click OK.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote