Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #61
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
I would get one if I were rich

I'd love one. Maybe they will be cheap enough in about 4 years.
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #62
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I am currently keeping my iRex DR1000 'alive', the reMarkable seems like a good replacement (for my use anyway).

I would love to get my hand on it ... in September ...
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #63
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
i've changed my mind about this device. i would consider this device even though i am currently happy with my sony dpt-s1. but i will only consider it AFTER it has been released. it would be fantastic if it has 2 more features, a built-in front light and one more that i think would be very valuable to transition to a paperless environment. the front light is self-explanatory but from what i hear may not be workable in such a large device.

the other is to add software that allows it to be a "printer". through wifi, the "reMarkable Printer" can be seen by computers. and when you print to the "reMarkable Printer", it would result in a pdf file directly created on the device. so anytime you need to transfer a file to this device, you can do it directly by "printing" to the device instead of uploading your file through using a cable or uploading from computer to cloud and then from cloud to device.

Last edited by rem736; 03-08-2017 at 12:58 PM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #64
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
the other is to add software that allows it to be a "printer". through wifi, the "reMarkable Printer" can be seen by computers. and when you print to the "reMarkable Printer", it would result in a pdf file directly created on the device. so anytime you need to transfer a file to this device, you can do it directly by "printing" to the device instead of uploading your file through using a cable or uploading from computer to cloud and then from cloud to device.
Now that WOULD be a good thing.
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:26 AM   #65
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
I must say I am actually astounded that they managed to sell out all august 2017 preorders. I guess there is a good amount of rich people around that wont miss 400 bucks if this is a scam. How can anyone preorder this product when the only thing the creators showed us until now is a promo video? no real life use, no review, no hands-on, nothing. or am I missing something? I cant even manage to find some creadible news source past December 2016 about this..
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #66
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
I have asked them about the availability of USB-otg connections - I prefer to type my documents, but the ability to mark up with low latency? Fantastic.
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #67
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnost View Post
I have asked them about the availability of USB-otg connections - I prefer to type my documents, but the ability to mark up with low latency? Fantastic.
So, have you heard anything back from them?
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:46 AM   #68
sandsmark
sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasnost View Post
Not sure if you got an answer from our support people, but the unofficial answer is that the factory uses a usb barcode scanner (and they use the same usb hid protocol as usb keyboards) to program in the VCOM for the display etc., so OTG works.

However, there's no support for typing in text in the on-device application. Even more unofficial, we had live text synchronization from the desktop application to the on-device application working on our prototypes last summer, but we decided to remove it from the 1.0 release because of the added complexity (mostly UX) that comes with text editing.
sandsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:48 AM   #69
sandsmark
sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sandsmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable
Quote:
i've changed my mind about this device. i would consider this device even though i am currently happy with my sony dpt-s1. but i will only consider it AFTER it has been released. it would be fantastic if it has 2 more features, a built-in front light and one more that i think would be very valuable to transition to a paperless environment. the front light is self-explanatory but from what i hear may not be workable in such a large device.
Not going to happen unfortunately, for purely mechanical reasons.

Quote:
Been trying to make this work, but rather as a USB printer. The issue is driver support on windows and macos (it works from my linux laptop), so it might not be in the 1.0 or at all (depends on resources, priorities, etc).
sandsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #70
xhacker
xhacker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmark View Post
Not going to happen unfortunately, for purely mechanical reasons.

Been trying to make this work, but rather as a USB printer. The issue is driver support on windows and macos (it works from my linux laptop), so it might not be in the 1.0 or at all (depends on resources, priorities, etc).
Please can reMarkable support dropbox or mendeley? For me that would be even more useful than the virtual printer option.
xhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 AM   #71
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmark View Post
However, there's no support for typing in text in the on-device application. Even more unofficial, we had live text synchronization from the desktop application to the on-device application working on our prototypes last summer, but we decided to remove it from the 1.0 release because of the added complexity (mostly UX) that comes with text editing.
Thank you for the informative update. Along the lines of unofficial information, are you attempting to lock down the device and make it difficult for users to compile a terminal application and vim? UX being much less important to me than to your device team ;-)

I'm happy to do legwork to do that, but I don't have the coding chops of the MR Kindle community, who had to jailbreak the Kindle and subsequently created some fabulous applications to extend the functionality of that device.

And, yes, your support team said that they are in internal discussions re keyboards (you make it sound like a decision has been reached.)
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:59 AM   #72
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #73
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It sounds like a very nice device, only the OS is a huge drawback for me. The price is simply too high for a device that has only one purpose. And no app store most likely to increase useability.
I imagine the price may drop after it is released and has been out for a while. Certainly the Kindle started out expensive and its price has dropped to become more affordable over time, as many electronic devices have in the past.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #74
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
@sandsmark, thanks for the update. i have one more suggestion that would make this the killer device to have. would it be possible for this device to interface with a mobile phone to be used as a second screen, a la "google screen cast". i would imagine the use of this feature as this: no need for ereading software on the device at all. the mobile phone, using whatever ereading app installed, would "cast" to the reMarkable screen and allow the reMarkable to take full control of the app. it would also take into account the size and resolution of the reMarkable and adjust the display of the app accordingly.

so in this sense. the reMarkable would only need the note taking app installed. the rest will be devoted to being a second screen.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #75
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
This device seems to have very good spec. However, I fear the relative low RAM storage of this device might be not enough to assure a smooth, without latency, writing experience, in particular when you have to write a lot... what do you think about?

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 05-13-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote