Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 03-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #31
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can't you have mobi2imp do all that work for you? It would help for those of us who do not do such cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
These stray blank lines take many forms '<div>&nbsp;</div>' or '<BR><BR>' or '<br /><br /></font>' or '<br /></span>' and so on...
Just fixed in Mobi2IMP 9.2 the first two cases above in bold that cause blank lines before a page-break. This should solve the problem most of the time.

Also, fixed in Mobi2IMP 9.2 the image aspect ratio problem discussed here, by padding the images horizontally enough to not cause a problem. See examples below of Chapter 23 illustration in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Mobi2IMP 9.2 to be released soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PandP_REB1200.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	11829   Click image for larger version

Name:	PandP_EBW1150.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	11830  

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-29-2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added pictures showing aspect ratio fix in action
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #32
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
RE: Mobi2IMP Version 9.2 GUI

Nick, it's simply marvelous! Thanks for the work you've devoted to this.
Gene

GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I look forward to 9.2. I'll be using it to do my imp conversion from Mobipocket releases.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:53 AM   #34
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mobi2IMP 9.2 now released; see post#1 above

Quote:
I look forward to 9.2. I'll be using it to do my imp conversion from Mobipocket releases.
I've released Mobi2IMP 9.2 now, which has minor bug fixes and some enhancements.

Changes in this release:
  • can now be installed on a different drive than your C: drive; just keep the same subdirectory structure for the GUI options file to be loaded properly.
  • removed '--tinymargins', '--largemargins' and '--hugemargins' and replaced with '--LRmargins LR' where LR can be inputted by the user (usually 2px, 5%, or 8%).
  • corrected GUI to replace 'no indent' option with proper 'use indent' as default is to NOT use any indent. Also moved things around a bit to make room for future options.
  • updated the 'Mobiperl' part of the code to implement recent improvements tompe put into 'mobi2mobi' and 'mobils' (like longtitle!).
  • FAQ: If Mobi2IMP is run with no parameters, then the help screen now warns that 'If resulting .IMP is wrong version in viewer, just re-install eBook Publisher!'
  • FIX: stripped from 'Title' and 'Author' any characters that are invalid for filenames.
  • FIX: removed stray blank lines BEFORE a page-break that caused empty blank pages to be inserted into the ebook.
  • FIX: fixed aspect ratio of images that caused images to 'bleed' into bottom and become 'chopped off' for either the 1150 and/or 1200 .IMP versions. Just padded sides of images with 'white' background until aspect ratio no longer causes a problem with eBook Publisher's weak handling of image re-sizing!
  • better verbose/debug info; information is good!

As always, enjoy!
Old 03-30-2008, 12:56 AM   #35
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Nick, it's simply marvelous! Thanks for the work you've devoted to this.
Gene

Thank-you for the nice words of encouragement!!!

Do I hear a call for Mobi2IMP 9.3?
Advert
Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
bug in v9.2 ?

hmm... either i'm doing something wrong (i admit, it's the more likely possibility...) or there is a bug. i tried to convert 2 different books (this one and this one) and i got the same error. i tried using the GUI and specifying manually the location, and also using a batch file made from the options i had selected in the gui (thanks so much for that tip about copying text from the DOS window by the way...).

here is the complete text of the error (did i mention, thank you for how to copy the dos window ?) :
Code:
HTML/Element.pm did not return a true value at HTML/TreeBuilder.pm line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at HTML/TreeBuilder.pm line 50.
Compilation failed in require at script/mobi2imp.pl line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/mobi2imp.pl line 25.
WoW! All done.
Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...
here is the complete text of the batch file i tried to use :
Code:
@echo off
rem Convert .prc/.mobi/.pdb to .imp process devised by Nick Rapallo (Jan. 2008)
rem ===========================================================================
rem Place 'mobi2imp.exe' in a directory in your Windows 'path'.
rem Place this batch file in the .prc files source directory and double-click to
rem Start the conversion of all .prc files in this directory to .imp format.
rem For EBW 1150 only output; add switch '--1200' for REB 1200 .IMP

for /r %%i in (*.prc)  do mobi2imp.exe --1200 --oeb --verbose --nojustify --nopara --indent --BDremove --cover --header_color #FFFFFF "%%i" "%%~ni"

rem That's it! We are now finished the conversion of all .prc related files
echo WoW! All done.
pause
for info :
- i installed mobi2imp 9.2 in C:\Program Files\Mobi2IMP as by default
- the 2 books were in I:\mobi2imp_v9.2, along with the Mobi2IMP.exe copied from the Bin directory and the .bat file
- i had previously converted both of these books using v9.1 with no problems.

so, any ideas ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:43 PM   #37
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
"HTML/Element.pm did not return a true value at HTML/TreeBuilder.pm line 50." is a bit strange. If it was not a binary I would say that the HTML/Element.pm file must be corrupt.

Maybe the binary is built in the wrong way? Or do you have a HTML/Element.pm file in your path that overrides the compiled one?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 PM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmm... what exactly would be a "HTML/Element.pm" file ? just a file with that name ? i don't see one in the Mobi2IMP files anywhere (in any of the directories), and it's definitely not in my source directory with the books.

and what is a binary also ?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #39
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hmm... what exactly would be a "HTML/Element.pm" file ? just a file with that name ? i don't see one in the Mobi2IMP files anywhere (in any of the directories), and it's definitely not in my source directory with the books.

and what is a binary also ?
You are running the binary mobi2imp.exe. HTML/Element.pm is a file that should be compiled into the binary. And it should not be missing a return statement of true in the end. So something is broken. One possible way it could be broken is if you have installed a file Emement.pm somewhere on your computer and that is broken and it overrides the one in the binary. Another possible problem is that the binary (mobi2imp.exe) is corrupt in some way (or built wrongly).
Old 03-31-2008, 07:27 PM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

could it be a conflict between the version 9.1 and the version 9.2 ? they are both installed, but in separate directories. 9.1 is working fine though...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #41
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
could it be a conflict between the version 9.1 and the version 9.2 ? they are both installed, but in separate directories. 9.1 is working fine though...
I do not think that could be a problem.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

ok, well i will try to re-download the installer for 9.2 and start over again, maybe it's the installation which is corrupted.

but i will do this tomorrow, it's quite late here, so i need to go to bed...

if you think of anything else to try in the meantime, i will check back tomorrow.

thanks for your help !
Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
nrapallo, there is a bug in 9.2 with curly quotes. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=165874 to see the bug report.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM   #44
nrapallo

Quote:
nrapallo, there is a bug in 9.2 with curly quotes. Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=165874 to see the bug report.
It seems the underlying .html used to generate the first test .prc is UTF-8 encoded.

I tried Mobi2IMP 9.2 and got zelda_pinwheel's (terrible) results.

I tried my own 'MakedocN' converter and got just curly quotes i.e. “ ( not HTML entities like &ldquo; ). I then tried to 'Tidy' that html and got worst results than I started with.

Then I tried tompe's mobi2html and it rendered a perfectly usable html file. Hurray!

Moral of the Story: Implement tompe's latest fixes concerning UTF-8 or else the flock will find a greener pasture to graze on!

p.s. that means a fix is in the works!
p.p.s. Zelda_pinwheel, where do you find these troublesome files. What issue did you have with Minor Works by Jane Austen?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-Mobi2IMP.zip (60.7 KB, 731 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-makedocN.zip (59.2 KB, 761 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-makedocN-tidy.zip (58.5 KB, 766 views)
File Type: zip Spring Heeled Jack-mobi2html.zip (59.5 KB, 754 views)
File Type: zip Jane Austens Minor Works-Mobi2IMP.zip (247.1 KB, 809 views)
Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 PM   #45
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
p.s. that means a fix is in the works!
Attached is a quick fix for those that convert UTF-8 encoded files! Tested on the troublesome first .prc noted above.

Just unzip the attachment into your "Mobi2IMP\bin" directory replacing the mobi2imp.exe with the attachment's .exe.

The implementation of tompe's UTF-8 improvements will make their formal debut in the next release!

EDIT: Now this .zip file is fixed for non UTF-8 files as well!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2IMP-9.2b-dos.zip (1.64 MB, 853 views)
File Type: imp Anonymous - Spring Heeled Jack.imp (227.6 KB, 895 views)
File Type: imp Anonymous - Spring Heeled Jack_1200.imp (225.6 KB, 1065 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-01-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: fixed for non UTF-8 files as well