Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poboxy View Post
Was all this a hoax?
I think so. But I think that in the near future all of the remaining kindles will see updates to add kf8 support.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #32
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Well, we had 2 different support reps confirm that a 3.4 update existed at one point.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #33
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Voice whispersync is by amazon's own site a Fire exclusive feature. And why keyboard but not the touch? It doesn't add up. You were just told wrong. It happens.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #34
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
I was hoping for x-ray support, I will let it go past me.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #35
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post
I was hoping for x-ray support, I will let it go past me.
Doubtful!

When the X-Ray was first announced (last year, when the KindleTouch came out) they claimed that it wouldn't run on the older K3 as it had insufficient horsepower. (The K3 has a 533MHz ARM11-based CPU, whereas the KTouch has an 800MHz Cortex A8.)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #36
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Evidently I am not correct about this matter, would someone please set me right - I thought that amazon was no longer developing the firmware for the kindle three. I thought that they were only working on the firmware for kindle 4s and 5s.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Voice whispersync is by amazon's own site a Fire exclusive feature. And why keyboard but not the touch? It doesn't add up. You were just told wrong. It happens.
I am using Whispersync for Voice right now on my Kindle Keyboard without any issues (firmware 3.3). Immersion reading, where the audiobook will be read to you while you watch/read the ebook is a Kindle Fire only feature.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is a thread about a Kinle Keyboard firmware update doing in the Amazon Kindle forum? Amazon does not make the Kinle Keyboard.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is a thread about a Kinle Keyboard firmware update doing in the Amazon Kindle forum? Amazon does not make the Kinle Keyboard.
I've seen it. It's sold exclusively in my area. We don't pronounce the "d" here.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-23-2014 at 02:29 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You may not want to avoid pointing out simple spelling errors unless you're willing to have your own posts scrutinized.

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-11-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: see the strike
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You may not want to avoid pointing out simple spelling errors unless you're willing to have your own posts scrutinized.
I think you mean "want to avoid", rather than "not want to avoid", don't you?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think you mean "want to avoid", rather than "not want to avoid", don't you?
Yes, I do! I re-wrote the sentence and did not make the correct edits.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #43
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
3.4 is here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

Version 3.4 is a brand new, free software update for Kindle Keyboard that includes:

Improved Font
: We've improved the reading font to have more contrast and be more crisp.
Parental Controls: With the latest software update for Kindle Keyboard, parents can restrict access to the Experimental Web Browser, the Kindle Store, and Archived Items. While the Kindle Store and Archived Items are locked with Parental Controls, you can continue to buy books from a computer and send them to the Kindle wirelessly for a child to read.
Kindle Format 8: KF8 makes books look even better with support for author specified fonts and more book styling options.
Comic Books: Kindle Keyboard now supports comic books with Kindle Panel View. Supported titles can be purchased from the Kindle Store. Books open in Kindle Panel View by default (a view that allows you to read a comic book panel by panel).
Children's Picture Books: Kindle Keyboard supports children's picture books with Kindle Text Pop-Up. Supported titles can be purchased from the Kindle Store.
Whispersync for Voice: Now you can switch back and forth between reading and listening without losing your place. Whispersync for Voice will synchronize what you read on any Kindle platform device with Audible playback on Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, or on Audible apps for iPhone and Android.

Now, here's my question: Could this mess up my installed font hack? And will it install on my jailbroken Kindle?

Last edited by montalex; 09-11-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Question
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
Fred Vargas
Fred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Same question. I have jailbreak(just for pdfviewer), can i update without unistall this hacks?
Fred Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #45
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thanks, montalex! These are major enhancements!

I plan to wait to install this update until it can be confirmed that text-to-speech still works after upgrade, so if anyone could report that, I would be most appreciative. I don't see any reason it would be removed, but I'd like to know for sure since I do use TTS.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote