Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #3676
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Aug @ 11:59 PM BST
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:41 AM   #3677
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I'm going to try to be as brief as possible here, and yet still cover the salient points . . . .

I want to state my regret for making any post of any Christianaudio.com audiobook, especially more recent ones.

Just a while ago, I tried to listen to a Christianaudio.com audiobook, just as I have done before. I kept having issues downloading it. So, I tried a second one--same result. Finally, after some digging around, I found out that they now require a particular _app_--a Google one--for a person to be able to listen to their audiobooks.

Oops, I must have missed the email, that they sent to us, informing us of this (unwanted) change.

The main problem about that is that the app demands access to "photos/media/files." But, wait, it also wants access to my "device I.D. and _[phone] call_ information," too. There's much more. And Google/Christianbook.com has the unmitigated gall to put a link, at the bottom of at least one of their pages, that says "privacy." I wonder if there is actually anything on the webpage that that links to! Have they left any area where we stiil would have any privacy??????

It seems that there is a statement in the Good Book--Jesus made it, in fact--I'm paraphrasing: "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Christianbook.com, is this the way that you'd like to be treated?

I _promise_ that if the situation is as I've understood it to be, and as long as that situation exists, I will _never_ make a post of anything from Christianbook.com anymore.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-19-2018 at 01:34 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 AM   #3678
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Just a while ago, I tried to listen to a Christianaudio.com audiobook, just as I have done before. I kept having issues downloading it. So, I tried a second one--same result. Finally, after some digging around, I found out that they now require a particular _app_--a Google one--for a person to be able to listen to their audiobooks.
I just logged onto my account and was able to download my earliest and latest audiobooks. Not sure why you are having a problem...
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:59 AM   #3679
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I just logged onto my account and was able to download my earliest and latest audiobooks. Not sure why you are having a problem...
Good news. I hope that things stay that way.

I should have mentioned that I'm using Android.

When I couldn't download the two audiobooks, I went looking around the Christianaudio.com website. Among the enlightening webpages was this one: https://support.christianaudio.com/h...bile_site=true (sorry if the formatting is poor or non-existent--my real computer is still bricked, and I'm still having to use a smartphone). Reading the instructions for Android, it seems that a person using that OS has no option but to use the app now.

Instructions on audio playback are at https://support.christianaudio.com/h...bile_site=true. The only one that I read was the one that applies to the Android smartphone.

A lot of what I learned was also from the information provided along with the Google app for Christianaudio, found on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps).

I notice that you use an Android tablet. Did you try using it?

Maybe Christianaudio is rolling out the changes in stages. All that I really can do is to share with you my experience.

If I had a device that was not (yet) affected, I would be backing up the MP3's.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-19-2018 at 03:02 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #3680
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 19 Aug @ 11:59 PM PT

Old 08-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #3681
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Aug @ 11:59 PM BST

Old 08-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #3682
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Audible -- exp 19 Aug

Old 08-20-2018, 04:31 AM   #3683
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 20 Aug @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 08-20-2018, 04:38 AM   #3684
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 20 Aug
Old 08-20-2018, 04:51 AM   #3685
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible -- Free Rental for Members -- exp 05 Sep 2019
Quote:
Audio Fitness Programs

Hear why so many people are loving audio workouts. It’s easy to stay motivated with a trainer in your pocket. Introducing audio-fitness programs created exclusively for Audible by Aaptiv trainers.
Quote:
Go ahead, try them all.

These programs were created exclusively for Audible by Aaptiv trainers. Complete collection of programs valued at over $95—FREE for members. Download and access in your Library until September 5, 2019.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-20-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #3686
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible -- Free For Members -- exp 05 Sep 2019
Important detail - unlike other freebies, Audible is actually going to reach into your library and pull this one out after the deal expires.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:42 AM   #3687
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Aug @ 11:59 PM BST
  • £1.99 -- Beach Money -- Jordan Adler --> NF self-help
Old 08-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #3688
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 21 Aug @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #3689
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Penguin Random House -- Free Monthly Audiobook -- starts 22 Aug

Quote:
Save the date for this month's FREE audiobook download, launching 8/22 at noon ET! Can you guess what it is? Here's a hint: it's psychological suspense and the image below is a clue...
Old 08-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #3690
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 27 Aug
  • $1.99 -- Lost -- PC Cast, et al/ Caitlin Davies --> 12.7 hrs --> fantasy
Quote:
A House of Night Other World Series (book 2)

The moment Other Kevin returns to his world trouble begins. Thankfully, he finds friends and allies—some expected, some unexpected—and soon discovers he, like his sister, can wield Old Magick. But without a mentor to help him, will Kevin be tempted to embrace Darkness?

Back in our Tulsa, things have settled down since Zoey and the gang closed the tear between worlds. A new school year has begun, and Zoey’s exchange student program with public schools is really taking off. All is well.

But if all is well, why is Zoey increasingly withdrawn and moody?

Stark thinks he knows what’s wrong—and he is determined not to lose Zoey to the Other World and Heath, who is there and very much alive.

Stevie Rae thinks she knows what’s wrong—Z just needs a break. Maybe a little vacay?

And the rest of the Nerd Herd thinks their Z will be fine—just give her some time to stop missing (and worrying about) Other Kevin.

But Zoey knows the truth. In the Other World her brother is using Old Magick, unaware of the dangers it holds. Without guidance, what will stop him from giving in to the potent pull of Old Magick? Without her guidance, Other Kevin could lose more than the war against Neferet—he could lose his soul. And Z knows she must help him—after all, he is her little brother …

In Lost, we follow Zoey, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim to an alternative version of the House of Night, where dangers take the form of friends, and allies are found in the strangest places.