Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #16
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Is busybox installed on your device(s)?
How would I tell?
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #17
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Try busybox command in adb shell
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #18
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Okay, I will. The only one I have left in that mode has a dead battery, so it might take a while before I can get it charged and see.

Last edited by SKK; 07-16-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #19
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
Try busybox command in adb shell
Yes, busybox is installed on it. I kept the kindle in that mode, in case there is anything else you want me to check.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #20
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
Yes, busybox is installed on it. I kept the kindle in that mode, in case there is anything else you want me to check.
I don't have any question about the internals, but what I want to know is:
do you know how you got into diags mode?

I think the first person to report that they got into the mode was going through serial mode to kick it off?

Did you do that, or did you find some sort of touch control to enter it?
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #21
SKK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
I don't have any question about the internals, but what I want to know is:
do you know how you got into diags mode?

I think the first person to report that they got into the mode was going through serial mode to kick it off?

Did you do that, or did you find some sort of touch control to enter it?
Hi, I am sorry but I have no idea how the Kindle got into that mode. I bought a huge batch of non working Kindles, and these were included in the batch.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Will someone hurt me if I point out the obvious?

Code:
idme -d --bootmode diags
(also, RescuePack & Coward's Rescue Pack) .

The last device where we had a stock way of booting into diags was the K5 on some early FW, if memory serves.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #23
SKK
Addict

I don't think these Kindles got into diags mode through RescuePack or Coward's Rescue Pack. When I removed them from diags mode using the commands you gave me, I plugged them into the computer to look at the folders on the Kindle. They were not jailbreaken, they didn't have kual, or any kual extensions installed on them.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Right, that's another thing entirely.

Kindles booting mysteriously into diags mode when their battery drain or some other unknown series of event happened has happened before .
Trying to replicate that yourself, on the other hand, much harder, or we'd be swimming in jailbroken Kindles (c.f., the K4, for instance, because that's the only example I can think of where we got in this way without having to resort to a factory FW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I have one KT3 that I have intentionally let self discharge into the low battery shut down.
Repeatedly, over a period of months.

No switching to diags mode (but I don't know what version of u-boot or diags it is running).

Hmm...
It is most likely that u-boot is doing the switchings, and u-boot is included in the Amazon images.
I do recall that some one found a significantly different (by 4 years, IIRC) u-boot included with one of the images.
It might be only those models that are running the unusual build of u-boot that are doing the switch to diags.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #26
ema07cqc
ema07cqc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch KT3
FIXED. I bought an Amazon Kindle Touch KT3 refurbished and it came in Diagnostic Mode and Developer mode.

Followed "encol" and "NiLuJe" instructions.

On Kindle:
1) connect to Windows PC via USB cable
2) in developer mode screen, enter "USB device Mode" and then "ADB"
3) Press "execute test" and "exit code:0" will appear. thats ok.
4) Check that a device called "eanab" is now connected to Windows 10 machine.

On Windows 10:
1) download adb tools from https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip
2) extract zip content in a new folder in C:/adb
3) open CMD for windows
4) type "cd c:/adb" and press enter
5) type "adb shell" and press enter
6) type "idme -d --bootmode main && sync && reboot" and press enter

Kindle will restart in normal mode after 5 seconds.
SOLVED!!

Thanks.
ema07cqc is offline   Reply With Quote