Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 02:38 PM   #91
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can confirm that Kevin's previous commit (for the stale Preview data crash) fixes this particular crash on Windows as well. It will make it into the next version.
Puzzled. I can have stale preview data without ever having even found the preview on button ?
Or has the preview fix also fixed a separate bug somehow
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #92
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Puzzled. I can have stale preview data without ever having even found the preview on button ?
Or has the preview fix also fixed a separate bug somehow
I haven't looked at the particulars, but I don't think it's about stale preview data per se, it's simply related to the underlying issue that's causing the stale preview data crash--namely a user deleted resource that's currently open. Kevin may be able to explain it better than I.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #93
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
without ever having even found the preview on button ?
By the way ... from the menu, it's simply View->Preview. F10 toggles the visibility of the Preview widget as well.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #94
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I haven't looked at the particulars, but I don't think it's about stale preview data per se, it's simply related to the underlying issue that's causing the stale preview data crash--namely a user deleted resource that's currently open. Kevin may be able to explain it better than I.
Not really! ;-)

It seems changing tab contents can invoke UpdatePreview even without Preview being visible. That was news to me but that signal from changing the css tab was trying to get the current cursor location of the previously deleted xhtml resource and therefore blows up.

The earlier fix handled this case as well so this one should be good to close.

Thanks everyone for all your help tracking thos one down!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote