Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-21-2021, 03:34 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Bulk MDE and Long Text Columns

Has it always been the case that long text columns cannot be edited in bulk.

Today I wanted to put the same thing into a long-text column in seven books, but none of my four long text columns were present in the Custom columns tab.

No big deal, it was only seven books. Just surprised it has taken me about a decade to discover it

Or, have I missed the blinkin' obvious.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-21-2021 at 03:47 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hate to say it but ...

It works for me. See the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	184849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	184850  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
chaley's solution is the most straightforward way to do it. If you want to have access to the comment editor, you can use the action chains plugin, which gives you the ability to use the comment editor to bulk modify comments for selected books. (through single field edit action)
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Hate to say it but ...

It works for me. See the attachments.
I was looking for them in the Custom metadata tab, I thought of using the S&R tab, but it was simpler to copy from 1 cell, and paste into 6 cells in the book list. I needed to edit the HTML after copying to change show-book URL book numbers, so….

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-21-2021 at 03:25 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote