Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
best T1 firmware?

I have my T1 for about three weeks now, it is still on the original Sony firmware.

What options are there at the moment for the T1? should I update it with Sony T1 firmware, go with custom firmware or maybe Android (if available).

I would like to be able to read English, Chinese and Japanese language books and should have file exploration function.

please enlighten me on this issue.

Thanks.

Last edited by FinancialWar; 12-24-2011 at 10:21 PM.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
What options are there at the moment for the T1? should I update it with Sony T1 firmware, go with custom firmware or maybe Android (if available).
Yes, you should update to the latest 1.0.03 firmware. It fixes a few bugs.

You may choose to root it for Android, but that option is independent of firmware upgrade.

Quote:
I would like to be able to read English, Chinese and Japanese language books and should have file exploration function.
You can read Chinese and Japanese ePub without any firmware modification. You simply need to use Calibre to add a few lines to choose the appropriate fonts in the css. More discussions can be found here.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Thanks I have updated to the last 1.0.03 firmware, where can I get Android instruction on my T1?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
Thanks I have updated to the last 1.0.03 firmware, where can I get Android instruction on my T1?
You can find instructions here.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote