Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #181
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I don't know if I should be proud of that particular super power, but I am anyway.
With great power comes great responsibility!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #182
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
With great power comes great responsibility!!
Someone should tell Teddy that. He can bring on the guilt with one look and a little bark. That dog has mastered the art of getting what he wants, when he wants it. I'm not sure who he learned that from.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #183
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=CWatkinsNash;1616260]He can bring on the guilt with one look and a little bark.QUOTE]

Don't forget the big, brown watery eyes and the little head tilt!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #184
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's the head tilt! Gets results every time!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #185
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=GoSharks;1616266]
Quote:
He can bring on the guilt with one look and a little bark.QUOTE]

Don't forget the big, brown watery eyes and the little head tilt!
Actually, what usually gets me is the hopeful doggie smile and the hesitant tail wag - a sign of the happiness that will be, if only I'd do what he wants. Yeah, that one kills me.
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #186
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

[QUOTE=CWatkinsNash;1616279]
Quote:

Actually, what usually gets me is the hopeful doggie smile and the hesitant tail wag - a sign of the happiness that will be, if only I'd do what he wants. Yeah, that one kills me.
All it takes is a hopeful smile and a hesitant wiggle....you sound like a cheap date!!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:53 PM   #187
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
All it takes is a hopeful smile and a hesitant wiggle....you sound like a cheap date!!
Well, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. But that could just be because I don't get out much.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #188
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Sinatra is a little more direct. He uses the Siamese Yowl and the Death Glare to get what he wants.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #189
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Someone should tell Teddy that. He can bring on the guilt with one look and a little bark. That dog has mastered the art of getting what he wants, when he wants it. I'm not sure who he learned that from.
my Newfie has mastered Newfie guilt. she stays on the deck of my office building when I am at work. many of my colleagues take breaks out there, eat their lunches, etc. apparently Pi has "helped" a lot of lunches be consumed. no wonder I can't get her weight down! Strider has adopted the double paw hug; he'll wrap both front legs around my leg or arm and just gaze up at me with a pleading look. Arwen is just in her own universe most of the time
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #190
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
On weekday nights on the local Ion Qubo affiliate they show He-Man, She-Ra and BraveStarr. Marshall Bravestarr was pretty hot for a 1980s robopunk western cartoon character. Heck, a cowboy's a cowboy regardless of whether or not his horse is cybernetic.
I liked He-man an Bravestarr as well. He-man and She-ra are shown here on a Canadian channel (Teletoon retro), it is great fun watching them. I'd love to see Bravestarr again, too.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #191
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I liked He-man an Bravestarr as well. He-man and She-ra are shown here on a Canadian channel (Teletoon retro), it is great fun watching them. I'd love to see Bravestarr again, too.
Yeah, I love watching them. It's interesting to look at them through "older eyes" now.

<<< Hey, y'all like my new outfit? My new friend Poppaea helped me "reinvent myself". I was due for an avatar makeover anyway.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #192
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Yeah, I love watching them. It's interesting to look at them through "older eyes" now.

<<< Hey, y'all like my new outfit? My new friend Poppaea helped me "reinvent myself". I was due for an avatar makeover anyway.
Haha, I love the new outfit!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #193
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
my Newfie has mastered Newfie guilt. she stays on the deck of my office building when I am at work. many of my colleagues take breaks out there, eat their lunches, etc. apparently Pi has "helped" a lot of lunches be consumed. no wonder I can't get her weight down! Strider has adopted the double paw hug; he'll wrap both front legs around my leg or arm and just gaze up at me with a pleading look. Arwen is just in her own universe most of the time
Maggie will walk up, push her head into your chest when you sit or bend down, and then swing it up to crack her ramming crest across your face somewhere (generally that right spot on your nose to make your eyes water). She goes through, not around things, and your guilt is aroused by your pain, letting you know you should have read her wants before her "affection" became necessary.

Oscar is a canine guilt-machine personified. His affectionate and humble adorableness - an aging infirmness combined with an obliviously playful puppiness - makes one feel permanently the need to find him satisfaction for whatever he wants or whatever he might want.

Adrian just makes one feel fear, caution, and slightly knurd all the time. His interminable and infernal interfenestrations (of himself, yourself, or things that don't bare thinking about), have one crouch down in a shaking fear when trying to pass any fenestre, unless one maintains a state induced by constant consumption of ZCD's. But, wait! Look over your shoulder! There he is, attached backpack-like to you, grinning like an insane, invisible gibbon (exactly like an insane, invisible gibbon). Adrian...ready to drag you kicking and screaming and sipping at a zorange colored drink in a schooner glass with a twisty straw and little umbrella in it, down the llama-hole...

But I digress...what were we talking about? [sips drink] AAAGGHHH! GIRAFFES!

Cheers,
Marc, your barman (Can I get you a drink?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #194
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Hey, y'all like my new outfit? My new friend Poppaea helped me "reinvent myself". I was due for an avatar makeover anyway.
Very much .

Last edited by orlok; 06-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #195
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Maggie will walk up, push her head into your chest when you sit or bend down, and then swing it up to crack her ramming crest across your face somewhere (generally that right spot on your nose to make your eyes water). She goes through, not around things, and your guilt is aroused by your pain, letting you know you should have read her wants before her "affection" became necessary.

Oscar is a canine guilt-machine personified. His affectionate and humble adorableness - an aging infirmness combined with an obliviously playful puppiness - makes one feel permanently the need to find him satisfaction for whatever he wants or whatever he might want.

Adrian just makes one feel fear, caution, and slightly knurd all the time. His interminable and infernal interfenestrations (of himself, yourself, or things that don't bare thinking about), have one crouch down in a shaking fear when trying to pass any fenestre, unless one maintains a state induced by constant consumption of ZCD's. But, wait! Look over your shoulder! There he is, attached backpack-like to you, grinning like an insane, invisible gibbon (exactly like an insane, invisible gibbon). Adrian...ready to drag you kicking and screaming and sipping at a zorange colored drink in a schooner glass with a twisty straw and little umbrella in it, down the llama-hole...

But I digress...what were we talking about? [sips drink] AAAGGHHH! GIRAFFES!

Cheers,
Marc, your barman (Can I get you a drink?)
you asked me next week if I wanted a zcd refill and I've been waiting since yesterday. *sheesh*

Strider is going to waylay you with his patented stolen kitty guilt look, that he has refined with the paws around the legs, thusly;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	please.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	73042  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote