Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 02:17 PM   #1021
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Is that a bug or a feature? How do I trigger it so I can keep my clock?
+1

I have seen it once in my kobo Aura H2O ed2 v1. I have the patch changing the time from 3 to 7 seconds, so I considered it a glitch in the time count ..., or my eyes trying to see what I really want to see ...
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #1022
anki
Connoisseur
anki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enoughanki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD | KSM9 | KoReader | Plato
In the Koreader on my Kobo Glo HD you have the option to add cloud storage.
By me the WebDav will not work.

When i add my webdav storage and i want to connect to it says empty folder but the folder is not really empty. I can connect to my webdav successfully via PC or phone.

How can i solve this problem? (i have used the option also with startup folder etc.. also with https and http)
anki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 08:55 PM   #1023
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
In the Koreader on my Kobo Glo HD you have the option to add cloud storage.
By me the WebDav will not work.

When i add my webdav storage and i want to connect to it says empty folder but the folder is not really empty. I can connect to my webdav successfully via PC or phone.

How can i solve this problem? (i have used the option also with startup folder etc.. also with https and http)
If you have a problem with Koreader, you should report it in the Koreader subforum. This thread is about bugs in the Kobo supplied software.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #1024
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
On the Kobo Forma running 4.11.11911 there is a bug which will cause your Forma to 'freeze' while reading.

How to reproduce this bug:

1) Ensure you are on 4.11.11911 (not sure if it happens on the shipped firmware)
2) Enable the PIN setting in Settings>Energy and Privacy Settings
3) Put the Forma to Sleep (presuming power off would also work)
4) Wake/turn on Forma, open a book, kepub or epub, and take over 1 min or so to turn the page

The result is the Forma becomes unresponsive to touch, continues displaying the same page of the book, and you'll need to hit the sleep button to put it to sleep', then wake it, enter pin, and you're off to the races until you take over 1min to read a page.

I have submitted this to Kobo via customer support. I was unable to find a 'feedback' option the rep said was on the kobo website. But the rep said they would escalate the issue.

My friend likewise reported this issue. It’s easily reproducible and can be reverted by disabling the PIN. So anyone and everyone with a Forma can test this out.

Last edited by MGlitch; 10-30-2018 at 01:40 AM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:00 AM   #1025
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I occasionally get a similar effect on my Aura H2O (first gen), but triggered by certain highlighting attempts. Sometimes the attempt doesn’t “take,” leading to a frozen screen (sometimes with artifacts from other highlights) that is nonresponsive to touch.

In my case, tapping the button to put it to sleep, waiting 30 seconds or so, and then using the button to wake it up again usually does the trick, but sometimes it still comes back unresponsive. There have been rare occasions where I actually did a full power-cycle to unlock it. That never fails, but it’s a pain in the neck by comparison.

The most common trigger is when I’m trying to highlight a phrase that starts toward the end of one line and continues to the next line. It’s like the highlighter gets confused and can’t always connect the two locations.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #1026
saifer
saifer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Hey there, seems that no one is experiencing with this bug, I've decided to report it here:

Product: Kobo Forma
Firmware: 4.11.11980 (03/11/18) EDIT: also with 4.11.12019!
Plugins: none
File types:all kinds
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: both
On external SD:
Steps to reproduce: putting in landscape (both sides) with auto rotation and trying to underline a word it underline the word 2/3 cm on the left. Every touch is interpretated as touched 2/3 cm on the left, even the vertical scroll for backlight.
Current result:
Workaround: Locking auto-rotation on landscape only. EDIT: not always works.

Last edited by saifer; 11-30-2018 at 05:41 AM.
saifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #1027
Edi2D
Edi2D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifer View Post
Hey there, seems that no one is experiencing with this bug, I've decided to report it here:

Product: Kobo Forma
Firmware: 4.11.11980 (03/11/18) EDIT: also with 4.11.12019!
Plugins: none
File types:all kinds
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: both
On external SD:
Steps to reproduce: putting in landscape (both sides) with auto rotation and trying to underline a word it underline the word 2/3 cm on the left. Every touch is interpretated as touched 2/3 cm on the left, even the vertical scroll for backlight.
Current result:
Workaround: Locking auto-rotation on landscape only. EDIT: not always works.
Hi,
I've got the exact same problem.
The only way to solve it is to turn off and on the device.
Edi2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #1028
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi2D View Post
Hi,
Give 4.12.12111 a try and see if the problem persists.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:41 AM   #1029
saifer
saifer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi2D View Post
Hi,
Seems to be not my case, mine always have this problem as I described. Your Forma is affiliated by chance? Don't know if is that the problem. However I've take contact with Kobo help desk to report the problem and they started the procedure to replace my device (before asked me to factory reset the device, nothing changed). Hoping is for real a device fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Give 4.12.12111 a try and see if the problem persists.
Kobo started the procedure to replace my Forma and I don't want to change things now on the device, howerver it doesn't see the new firmware to downlod.
saifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #1030
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
With last firmware 4.12.12111 I am not no more able to enlarge images in Kepub. I patched but I don't think the problem derives from patches.

This is the only problem till now, for the rest is a good firmware.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:09 PM   #1031
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I just checked: enlarging images in kepubs works on my patched Clara HD.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #1032
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank'You I will try again...

Nothing

all patches disabled, same story, one success and 25 fails for an imagine that previously I was able to enlarge without difficulties.

Now I will patch my KA1 again

Sorry, Kobo has changed system to enlarge figures (double tap) and I I only realized it now, it's easier now

Last edited by ps67; 12-14-2018 at 05:56 PM. Reason: nothing- patches disabled - sorry
Old 12-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #1033
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Just tried with my KA1 and zooming images is working fine with that firmware.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #1034
ps67
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Just tried with my KA1 and zooming images is working fine with that firmware.
Yes, my errors , may be best firmware ever
Old 12-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #1035
Edi2D
Edi2D began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quick update : I've updated my Forma to the last software version (4.12.12111) and still have this problem. The touch controls are still offset when i go to landscape mode, even on normal mode after beeing on landscape.
Edi2D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app