Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
This title is unavailable for download and transfer

It appears that Amazon has recently removed the option to download and transfer all book samples. For those of us who keep wifi off, preventing unwanted firmware updates, this certainly will not encourage me to make a purchase. Way to go, Amazon.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:25 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Still available for me (Amazon US).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2022, 10:29 PM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Still available for me (Amazon US).
Interesting. One new release and three previously downloaded samples all have this listed under their titles. Also, the format of the "more actions" dropdown menu has changed. (Also US)

Last edited by Skydog; 01-11-2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Interesting. One new release and three previously downloaded samples all have this listed under their titles. Also, the format of the "more options" dropdown menu has changed. (Also US)
What is the title of this new release? I would like to check.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
What is the title of this new release? I would like to check.
Amazon US
Advert
Old 01-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just tried with a recent release I was interested in, US store, downloaded the sample ok.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:56 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I just tried with a recent release I was interested in, US store, downloaded the sample ok.
Hmm. I've been cancelled! All samples in my "content and devices" are labeled the same with the different dropdown (samples attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (21).png
Views:	312
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	191537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (22).png
Views:	341
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	191538  
Old 01-11-2022, 11:01 PM   #8
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, the sample and the book are both available for download.

I hope it's just a glitch and not something we're all going to see in the near future. The day I can't deDRM my Amazon purchases is the day I no longer buy ebooks from Amazon.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:05 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm I just noticed that the samples in My Content and Devices are not available for download either. But they are available when I go to the product page.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:16 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Hmm I just noticed that the samples in My Content and Devices are not available for download either. But they are available when I go to the product page.
Precisely. Changes have been made and they're not good. Odd, that you could download the link I provided but I cannot.

If this is a sign of things to come I won't be buying any more books from Amazon.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:19 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
If you have any residing in your Content and Devices, can you check?
Old 01-11-2022, 11:25 PM   #12
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
If you have any residing in your Content and Devices, can you check?
I just randomly checked half a dozen or so in "Manage my Content and Devices" download and transfer via USB was available for all

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 01-11-2022 at 11:27 PM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
I just randomly checked half a dozen or so in "Manage my Content and Devices" download and transfer via USB was available for all
Thank you for verifying.

O.K, this is driving me nuts.

Last edited by Skydog; 01-11-2022 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:35 PM   #14
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Samples? Purchases are still available for me too, but not the samples, unless I go to the product page.
Old 01-11-2022, 11:47 PM   #15
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Samples? Purchases are still available for me too, but not the samples, unless I go to the product page.
Just to clarify. "...go to the product page" and then d/l and xfer?