Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Kindle Indexing and Battery Drain

So my Kindle Basic just got delivered and I noticed the battery drains really fast. Like I read for about 20 minutes and it lost 15% already.

So I googled and found Indexing books might be the cause of the problem. Which, is probably my case since I just added 700+ books on it. I did the search thing check to see how many books are still being indexed. It still had 76 books left (70 now).

I feel like that would end my battery problem but I do have a few questions about indexing. Think of this as a preemptive post.

Since there is no progress bar, how would I know if a book is stuck? I read that stuck books still drains your battery. And if I find a book that is indeed stuck, do I just delete it off of my kindle and add it again?

Also, does indexing books continue even if you have the kindle on sleep mode? Cause right now I just have it open and flicking the screen every few minutes to keep it awake.

And in the future. To avoid books being bottlenecked on indexing, should I not do bulk transfers? Like maybe batches of 5-10, then add again at a later time?

I'm starting to rebuild my library (which I lost even the backup) and I still have about 1k+ books to recover and add to my kindle.

Anyway, thanks to the folks who will answer.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to check Harry T's Tips for loading a large library onto a KO2 thread. It's getting a bit long in the tooth but the advice still applies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:12 AM   #3
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to check Harry T's Tips for loading a large library onto a KO2 thread. It's getting a bit long in the tooth but the advice still applies.
Wow. Thank you so much. That thread answered everything I wanted to know.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:55 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You're welcome.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote