Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 06:57 PM   #16
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
The 4.23 version is 64 bit. The 5.0.0. I don't know. Do you think it's safe to delete the 5.0.0. version, and I won't accidentally delete the whole of calibre?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
I've uninstalled all other versions of Calibre apart from 4.23 64 bit as my laptop is 64 bit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in, but it still doesn't work.

I now really, really wish I hadn't updated Calibre, of course. If I get this working again, I'm never updating Calibre ever again.

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #17
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
I've uninstalled all other versions of Calibre apart from 4.23 64 bit as my laptop is 64 bit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in, but it still doesn't work.

I now really, really wish I hadn't updated Calibre, of course. If I get this working again, I'm never updating Calibre ever again.

To be fair to Mr Goyal, there were A LOT of posts here for the last several weeks warning that the current DeDRM would not work with version 5. A very diligent effort was made to make sure that those who might be impacted could be well-informed well in advance.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #18
mopgcw
mopgcw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Thanks all. I've downgraded to 4.23 and reinstalled the plug in but it still doesn't work. Do I have to uninstall the 5.0.0 version as well? I now have two versions of calibre on my laptop.

Just uninstall 5, and then reinstall 4.23. it will find your library fine.
mopgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
A very diligent effort was made to make sure that those who might be impacted could be well-informed well in advance.
Still, judging from all the "Calibre 4.xx doesn't work right on Windows 7" or "my library is screwed up after I put it in Dropbox/OneDrive/NAS" posts around here...
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #20
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
To be fair to Mr Goyal, there were A LOT of posts here for the last several weeks warning that the current DeDRM would not work with version 5. A very diligent effort was made to make sure that those who might be impacted could be well-informed well in advance.
I'm afraid I didn't see them (though I am on this forum multiple times most days). I'm not an expert on software so maybe I just didn't pick up on them.

In any case, DeDRM doesn't appear to work on 4.23 now either for me, even though I have uninstalled 5.0.0 and uninstalled/reinstalled the plug in, and rebooted my machine.

Heigh ho. Fortunately I'd finished converting my Kindle library, so if I can't get this to work I guess I'll just have to use the Kobo website or epubs/other formats from elsewhere.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #21
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Have you tried the Calibre Portable suggestion? That might work, and if it doesn't you haven't lost anything by trying.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #22
John Hopper
Addict

Quote:
Have you tried the Calibre Portable suggestion? That might work, and if it doesn't you haven't lost anything by trying.
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks

Old 09-25-2020, 07:19 PM   #23
John Hopper
Addict

Quote:
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks

Aha! I tried deleting from Calibre the book I couldn't convert, and which I'd put into Calibre when I had version 5.0.0, and putting it back into Calibre 4.23 and it converted okay. 😀

Old 09-25-2020, 08:36 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Aha! I tried deleting from Calibre the book I couldn't convert, and which I'd put into Calibre when I had version 5.0.0, and putting it back into Calibre 4.23 and it converted okay. 😀
You've run into the old DeDRM runs on import gotcha.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:46 PM   #25
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Are there instructions for downgrading back to 4.23?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:48 PM   #26
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just run the 4.23 installer and it should roll back.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #27
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You've run into the old DeDRM runs on import gotcha.
For a while I constantly forgot that DeDRM doesn't work on books from the autoadd folder.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:17 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
you can UNINSTAL both (standard control panel method) and your settings and library remain.
Calibre has been this way for a decade
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:51 PM   #29
pjmpjm
Zealot
pjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchforkpjmpjm can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Fire HD 10
I ended up with both 4.23 and 5.0 installed. The latter didn't overwrite the old version, as I expected. So I've temporarily uninstalled 5.0 . . . but this won't affect your Calibre Library folder.
pjmpjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:40 AM   #30
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I'm on a Mac. I ran the 4.23 installer and chose to replace the newer (5.0) version. All seems to be fine.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm