Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
Calibre on Centos 7 - How to run it in a container?

I would like to run calibre (and set up a minimal development environment) on CentOS 7. (I cannot upgrade to CentOS 8.)

Unfortunately the glib on CentOS 7 is too old. (See this MobileRead thread). So I was think of using a container to run calibre.

Does anyone has experience with this, preferably on CentOS 7 and maybe with Singularity Containers?

Last edited by halloleo; 05-06-2020 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Typo in title
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:01 AM   #2
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
Ok, I have made this work: I created a Singularity container from the Docker image linuxserver/calibre.

On the CentOS 7 host I've installed Singualrity simply via `yum` and this loads the container smoothly. Calibre then can even run as GUI application using the X11 forwarding from the host! :-)

One problem tough are external applications calibre calls (e.g. a PDF viewer for PDFs). These would need to exist in the container, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, container, development environment, linux