Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 07:22 AM   #91
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just collect the difficult level of lemmas from some books of mine that have word wise enabled by Amazon. The level data the plugin uses doesn't cover all the words of the Kindle dictionary but it's large enough for most books IMO.

I think it's not that hard to customize the difficult level data file(data/lemmas.json) or create a new one according to your needs. For example, the first lemma in the file is:

Code:
  "midway": [
  ],
"2" is the difficult level, "14487" is sense_id. You can find more details of these data at https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/bl...ord_wise_db.md

Last edited by xxyzz; 03-30-2021 at 07:26 AM.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 08:47 AM   #92
AmirHXe
AmirHXe began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
create a new one according to your needs.
Could you please elaborate more on how to do this?
AmirHXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #93
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirHXe View Post
Could you please elaborate more on how to do this?
Except the docs I mentioned before, you also need to modify data/add_lemmas.py to generate a customized lemmas.json file. Then you can replace the lemmas.json file in the plugin zip file and load it in calibre.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:48 AM   #94
AmirHXe

Quote:
Except the docs I mentioned before, you also need to modify data/add_lemmas.py to generate a customized lemmas.json file. Then you can replace the lemmas.json file in the plugin zip file and load it in calibre.
Thank you
Old 03-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #95
AmirHXe

Quote:
sorry for bothering you too much, but I don't know much python
where should I put LanguageLayer.en.ASIN.kll files and WordWise.kll.en.en.db?
Old 03-31-2021, 03:01 AM   #96
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
where should I put LanguageLayer.en.ASIN.kll files and WordWise.kll.en.en.db?
It doesn't matter where you put these files. If you want to create a new json file from other sources then you don't need LanguageLayer files and have to modify the code. That script is for adding new lemmas from word wise files of books brought from Kindle store.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:13 AM   #97
AmirHXe

Quote:
That script is for adding new lemmas from word wise files of books brought from Kindle store.
this is what I want to do (I've got some word wise files from amazon)
but I don't know how to add path of those files in add_lemmas.py
Old 03-31-2021, 05:14 AM   #98
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
this is what I want to do (I've got some word wise files from amazon)
but I don't know how to add path of those files in add_lemmas.py
Just pass the path of these files as arguments to the script:

Code:
$ cd data
$ python add_lemmas.py path_of_kll.en.en.klld path_of_LanguageLayer.en.ASIN.kll
$ cd ..
$ calibre-customize -b .
Old 03-31-2021, 06:31 AM   #99
AmirHXe

Quote:
Just pass the path of these files as arguments to the script:

Code:
$ cd data
$ python add_lemmas.py path_of_kll.en.en.klld path_of_LanguageLayer.en.ASIN.kll
$ cd ..
$ calibre-customize -b .
please forgive me for being this dumb, but it gives me this error:
Code:
Processing LanguageLayer.en.ASIN.kll
cn-kll.en.en.klld has 75819 lemmas
added 316 lemmas
lemmas.json has 22334 lemmas
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Elegram\WordDumb-master\data\add_lemmas.py", line 62, in <module>
    with open('lemmas.json', 'r') as f:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'lemmas.json'
and during this lemmas.json gets deleted
Old 03-31-2021, 09:05 AM   #100
xxyzz
Evangelist

My bad... I didn't test the code last time. I have fix the bug and improve the script speed, please pull the latest change.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #101
AmirHXe

Quote:
My bad... I didn't test the code last time. I have fix the bug and improve the script speed, please pull the latest change.
It works great now
Thanks for your patience, much appreciated
Old 04-11-2021, 05:24 AM   #102
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.6.0
- create threaded job for each book, select multiple books will run the jobs concurrently

- download all dependent packages via pip3

- add 77 lemmas

- update nltk and numpy to the latest version

- other improvements can be found in git log

This version requires Python 3 to install dependencies.

v3.6.1
install dependencies before running jobs to avoid racing

v3.6.2
get KFX asset_id from KFX Input 1.38.0 updated method

v3.6.3
fix can't delete old package folder bug

Last edited by xxyzz; 04-15-2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #103
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.6.4

- bug fix: check device is ejected or not before sending files

- bug fix: convert Path to str for Python 3.8 shutil.move()
Old 04-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #104
un1c0d3
un1c0d3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW3
Working great with latest 5.16.1. But I noticed the book wouldn't keep its book cover when showing up on Kindle. Is there any way to get around this?
un1c0d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:58 AM   #105
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by un1c0d3 View Post
Working great with latest 5.16.1. But I noticed the book wouldn't keep its book cover when showing up on Kindle. Is there any way to get around this?
Hi, I just uploaded v3.6.5. I'm not sure whether I use the calibre API correctly but it should be fine, the upload book code is really complicated. Note that if you connect your Kindle to WIFI that's very likely Amazon will try to download an invalid cover as mentioned here.

v3.6.5 uses calibre's API to scale the cover to Kindle's cover size. Hope it will solve your problem.

Last edited by xxyzz; 04-26-2021 at 07:55 PM.

Tags
worddumb, x-ray